Need help understanding your bill?
umcpgrad's profile

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

Friday, November 16th, 2012 4:14 PM

can someone tell me who gets better discount?

virginia tech or hhs federal government?

I have 4 lines all with data 900 mins, unlimited data

which one would save me more money?

I contacted hr and att and no one would give me a straight answer

which one give discount to voice, data and text on prime line and secondary lines?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@umcpgrad wrote:

virginia tech or hhs federal government?

I have 4 lines all with data 900 mins, unlimited data

which one would save me more money?

I contacted hr and att and no one would give me a straight answer

which one give discount to voice, data and text on prime line and secondary lines?

thanks in advance

you need to contact the adminstraors of the plans at Virgina Tech and HHS goverment, they would be the ones to supply you with the discounts amounts, requirements and what they apply to. ATT in general does not have the details of the agreement

Unless they have set exemptions in the agreement, in the most cast discounts only apply to the primary line in a regular family plan, ony the 5GB smartphone data plans or the data charges in the new data shared plans/ The normally do not apply to lines two through 5 in a family plan, text plans, all other data plans except 5GB / Shared, on the shared plans they do not apply to the devices

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

so they would be the same since both give 15%?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@umcpgrad wrote:

so they would be the same since both give 15%?

a definitive maybe - you hae to see what the discounts apply to in the agreement, one may apply to data while the other won't or maybe neither of them will. Each discount agreement is unique to the organization that negotiated it

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

thanks again you the guru

btw I have tried several times to contact the hr and the admin in charge of these benefits from both places

they really have no clue!! and keep telling me to go to att instead!!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

A AT&T retail store can assist you with enrollment as well. Be sure to bring proof of employment (a work or student ID badge, a pay stub, or a copy of a W-2 form). The sales representative will validate your proof of employment and give you a Discount Enrollment form. You can fax or email the form with a copy of your proof of employment to the Discount Verification department.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My son is in the Navy and is on deployment and he can't use his cell phonei is there anything for military deployment any discount on my bill.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

If he is not the account owner there cannot be a military discount applied on the account.  However, as active duty military he is eligible to unlock his phone for use where he is, and suspend or cancel his line and save his number, so he can reactivate when he returns.

Information links to both options below.  You many need a copy of his orders to get this done.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045125

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045509

Thank your son for his service.  May he and his buddies all come home safe and sounds.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.