Need help understanding your bill?
mechanicswife's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 12:33 AM

being charged for a device I don't have

So last year sometime, I tried out the hot spot device for our home internet. Did not like it and returned it withing the first 30 days. I am still being charger $120-140 a month for it which I'm turn is keeping my bill to almost $300 a month! Anyone have any tips on How I can get this charge off my bill?!

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

You have to find out if you were under buyer remorse period during the return. If you are not, you might have been charge the early termination fee. If that's the case, you are out of luck. If they are simply make a mistake and never had it return into the system then you might have a chance

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I was suppose to be fine as long as I returned it withing the first 30 days. All I got charged was the restocking fee of $30 and that was suppose to be it. I would just send my husband in but we may not have phones after that..Lol..he would probably tell them to stick it.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello mechanicswife,

$120-140 sounds like a lot, in fact way to much for a hotspot, a hotspot data plan is about $50 per month. Are you sure the charges are for the hotspot? What plan do you have, is it a Mobile Share plan?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I screen shotted my bill but I can't add a photo here. The charges are $127.00 and it's has a phone number next to it which is the same number of the hot spot device I had. Right now I have the family share plan with 10gb. my bill was under $200 before i tried that device and returned it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.