For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
reeddust's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 7:16 PM

att july 1st policy change doubles data

i see the att policy change effective july 1st has double some users data and charges 10 dollars more for it.  Why i ask did my bill go up 50 bucks overnight then when i authorized no changes?

Policy says for 25 gig plans will double to 50 for 10 bucks more, mine went up 50.  I have already cancelled my directv as a result and will now be cancelling 400 bucks in services from att as 5 reps have been no help.  great work att, get ready to lose thousands of customers

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@reeddust wrote:

Why i ask did my bill go up 50 bucks overnight then when i authorized no changes?

Well, we know where $10 (plus tax) came from. What else is different on this bill to cause the additional $35~$39? Compare this bill to your last bill. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@reeddust wrote:

i see the att policy change effective july 1st has double some users data and charges 10 dollars more for it.  Why i ask did my bill go up 50 bucks overnight then when i authorized no changes?

Policy says for 25 gig plans will double to 50 for 10 bucks more, mine went up 50.  I have already cancelled my directv as a result and will now be cancelling 400 bucks in services from att as 5 reps have been no help.  great work att, get ready to lose thousands of customers

Look at your bill and see what the $50 is for.   It's not just lumped in there, there will be line items for it.  

I'm thinking that $10 will be lumped into your plan price, but where is the other $40?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

As suggested l read your bill.  How much was the data plan last month?  How much is it now?

If the base price went from $110 to $120, the increase is somewhere else.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I too have serious issue with the Mobile Share Advantage changes (http://www.att.com/msaupdate)

I also was not notified.  I attempted to be restored back into my original plan (I was on the 16GB plan previously) through cust svc (backoffice ticket) and was just notified this morning it cannot be completed.  So ATT successfully changed my plan & started charging me $10/mon more WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.  Wow.  I don't usually do it, but I'm filing a complaint with my state's attorney general office.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Bottom line is that the price of the plan you are on went up 10 dollars, to soften the blow ATT gives you twice the data.

You can change plans to a lower cost if you want. I still don't understand what the problem is. The same thing happened to me.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@jmgural wrote:

I too have serious issue with the Mobile Share Advantage changes (http://www.att.com/msaupdate)

I also was not notified.  I attempted to be restored back into my original plan (I was on the 16GB plan previously) through cust svc (backoffice ticket) and was just notified this morning it cannot be completed.  So ATT successfully changed my plan & started charging me $10/mon more WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.  Wow.  I don't usually do it, but I'm filing a complaint with my state's attorney general office.

So change to the Flex plan. 

Your old plan was $90

The Flex plan for 20 gigs is $90 with Auto pay and paperless discount.  Same terms, same advantages.  4 more gigs

BTW, ATT did notify by email and on your previous bill.  If you didn’t read one, the hope is you might have read the other.  They cant force you to read ahead of time.  But you can go back and read the notice now.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@jmgural wrote:

There's nothing your state's attorney general (or any other agency) can do for you. AT&T changed what is included in your plan and how much is costs; it doesn't need your authorization to do so. TV providers have been doing the same thing for years: packages increase in price and have different channels--sometimes more, sometimes fewer. 

You can either keep what you have, find a different AT&T plan, or find a different provider. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jmgural wrote:

So ATT successfully changed my plan & started charging me $10/mon more WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.  Wow.  I don't usually do it, but I'm filing a complaint with my state's attorney general office.

I'm confused. What makes you think they need your authorization to do a price increase?

Does your cable company? or Gas company? or Electric company?

I've never given any of these companies authorization to raise my price.

Cable companies change what plans include all the time in terms of the channels and internet speeds. And change the prices.

@jmgural wrote:

I also was not notified. 

Please check your printed bill or the online PDF for the previous few months, some people have been talking about these changes for at least a month now, generally before their bill changed.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

So change to the Flex plan. 

Your old plan was $90

The Flex plan for 20 gigs is $90 with Auto pay and paperless discount.  Same terms, same advantages.  4 more gigs

BTW, ATT did notify by email and on your previous bill.  If you didn’t read one, the hope is you might have read the other.  They cant force you to read ahead of time.  But you can go back and read the notice now.

No email was received unfortunately.  Fine, I didn't get it.  They said you could opt out and stay on the previous plan.  Again, fine, put me back into the previous plan (I'll pay for the few days under the changed plan).  Nope, now they have said you can't go back.  Regarding the 20GB for $90 w/ auto pay & paperless discount, on my session with the ATT website its showing 20GB for $128 (and you can save $10 bucks off that)

You can either keep what you have, find a different AT&T plan, or find a different provider.

I just read that I can terminate the service agreement by notifying in writing, thanks for the reminder, I may just do that now.  ETF and promo item payment do not have to be paid, ATT cust svc failed to mention this point to me.

some people have been talking about these changes for at least a month now, generally before their bill changed.

sorry, I've not had time to patrol community forums for forthcoming billing changes

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jmgural wrote:

I just read that I can terminate the service agreement by notifying in writing, thanks for the reminder, I may just do that now.  ETF and promo item payment do not have to be paid, ATT cust svc failed to mention this point to me.

You need to understand that NEXT payments are NOT an ETF charge. You sill owe for Next payments if you cancel your account. Next is not a contract, it's like a 0% credit card, if you cancel the credit card account you still owe the money for the devices you purchased.

Even if you have a contract on a device (not as likely these days) if they said they'd give you the old plan back, then you need to make sure you CANNOT get it back before you cancel (and get that in writing somehow). Because after you cancel if they say "sure you can get it back", it's going to be your issue, not AT&T's.

some people have been talking about these changes for at least a month now, generally before their bill changed.

sorry, I've not had time to patrol community forums for forthcoming billing changes

No one says you have to patrol, the point was people were seeing it on their bills IN ADVANCE.

They said you could opt out and stay on the previous plan. 

Where did you get this information?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.