For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
susan53's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, June 23rd, 2017 4:51 AM

Closed

att IS A NIGHTMARE. WHY?

I paid my bill.  I always pay my bills.  The check was there posted.  I didn't look I just got a late notice called and 1 in a million the check was lost in the mail.  I stopped auto pay because I was overcharged every month.  So same day i repay the check also clears with att.  so they are paid twice by me for the same bill. they refuse to send me back my money but to credit me 250 dollars.  that's a lot of money.  then they refuse  to let me pay off my daughters phone with my own money in my own account where her phone is.  it gets worse its been about 6 hours now on the phone and in the store they said they returned to money.  its not in my account.  the check not in the mail. so i stop payment on it.  that gets it returned.  then i owe the money because i went to the store and they figured it out.  so then i want to close my account  my contract is only 155 bucks owed.  THE MANAGER ACTUALLY SAID TO ME WELL IF YOUR GOING TO PAYOFF YOUR CONTRACT IT INCLUDES TAX.  I SAID, WELL YA.  SHE ACTUALLY IN FRONT OF MY DAUGHTER SAID.  WELL YOU CAN'T PAY IT OFF.  I said, why not.  I want to pay it off.  SHE SAID I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THE TAX WILL BE SO IT'S NOT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO PAY IT OFF.  I SAID, FIQURE IT OUT.  it is a nightmare.  The only thing after being with this company and being treated horrible the past 6 months and overcharged from 20 dollars to 250 dollars every single month is to see that WE ARE ALL BEING LIED TO.  INSULTED, NO SOLUTIONS. HORRIBLE UNPROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have had managers tell me one thing and not do it.  I WAS IN TEARS at one point.  MY bill was sent in 1 1/2 weeks early and they made so  many mistakes accounting couldn't figure it out.  I don't pay my bills late.  ever.  Someone customer service said well your check must have bounced.  I said, lady i work 4 jobs my checks don't bounce.  i cancelled payment on it thats why it was returned but i have 250 dollars credit.  she totally insulted me . they all insult me.  they don't listen they don't help and they make up what they want.  One customer service rep told me i could not get my phone unlocked until 30 days after my account was closed.  I swear to God thats what she told me.  My daughter 13 asked me why the woman in the store, a manager was so absolutely mean.  She was horrible honestly if i had taped her people would be in shock.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

You have no idea what your doing, that's why there is a mess.

1.   If you want to leave ATT, leave, simple.  Just port you numbers out.  

2.   You cannot "pay off" a contract.   Period.   An ETF is not generated UNTIL you CANCEL service.

3.   Any ETF would have been paid by the extra payment you made.  A refund after the fact can be issued for overpayment.  It is sent by check.  It takes much longer, as check payments always do.  

4.  You can pay online.  Pay by check is a terrible way to pay.  Insecure, and as you found out, lost in the mail.  

5.  Refunding an over payment can take a full bill cycle.  By the time you get money back, you owe another bill.  We suggest you leave the payment be, and pay online.

You are creating a lot of drama when it's very simple process.  Go to a new carrier.  Port your numbers out.  Done.   A final bill with any ETF with taxes etc. is generated.  Your new carrier may have an option to pay off your ETF.  Read the offers so you know what is, and what is NOT paid for.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@susan53 wrote:

I paid my bill.  I always pay my bills.  The check was there posted.  I didn't look I just got a late notice called and 1 in a million the check was lost in the mail.  I stopped auto pay because I was overcharged every month.  So same day i repay the check also clears with att.  so they are paid twice by me for the same bill. they refuse to send me back my money but to credit me 250 dollars.  that's a lot of money.  then they refuse  to let me pay off my daughters phone with my own money in my own account where her phone is.  it gets worse its been about 6 hours now on the phone and in the store they said they returned to money.  its not in my account.  the check not in the mail. so i stop payment on it.  that gets it returned.  then i owe the money because i went to the store and they figured it out.  so then i want to close my account  my contract is only 155 bucks owed.  THE MANAGER ACTUALLY SAID TO ME WELL IF YOUR GOING TO PAYOFF YOUR CONTRACT IT INCLUDES TAX.  I SAID, WELL YA.  SHE ACTUALLY IN FRONT OF MY DAUGHTER SAID.  WELL YOU CAN'T PAY IT OFF.  I said, why not.  I want to pay it off.  SHE SAID I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THE TAX WILL BE SO IT'S NOT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO PAY IT OFF.  I SAID, FIQURE IT OUT.  it is a nightmare.  The only thing after being with this company and being treated horrible the past 6 months and overcharged from 20 dollars to 250 dollars every single month is to see that WE ARE ALL BEING LIED TO.  INSULTED, NO SOLUTIONS. HORRIBLE UNPROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have had managers tell me one thing and not do it.  I WAS IN TEARS at one point.  MY bill was sent in 1 1/2 weeks early and they made so  many mistakes accounting couldn't figure it out.  I don't pay my bills late.  ever.  Someone customer service said well your check must have bounced.  I said, lady i work 4 jobs my checks don't bounce.  i cancelled payment on it thats why it was returned but i have 250 dollars credit.  she totally insulted me . they all insult me.  they don't listen they don't help and they make up what they want.  One customer service rep told me i could not get my phone unlocked until 30 days after my account was closed.  I swear to God thats what she told me.  My daughter 13 asked me why the woman in the store, a manager was so absolutely mean.  She was horrible honestly if i had taped her people would be in shock.

This is the most confusing story ever!

Your third sentence says the check posted. 

Your fourth sentence says the check was lost in the mail

I think the sixth sentence is saying that you paid AT&T over the phone(?) and they also found the original check and applied that to your account.

As an aside, you next say that you wanted to use the credit balance to pay off a Next plan. That's not how that works; that was never going to happen. 

Back to the check:

You say the store says the money was returned to you

Then  you say you stopped payment on the check

Customer service says the check must have bounced (how would they know why it was returned?)

You say you cancelled payment, but then say you have a credit of $250? 

I need a drink just typing that out! 

Finally, if you cancel service, you must pay off everything owed before AT&T will unlock your phone. As is can take up to 30 days for the final bill to be generated, she was absolutely right to give you that warning. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I have no idea what i'm doing.  I work in the operating room with 6 letters after my name.  None of them have anything to do with att.  Yes they said my check was lost but they had it. so simply I paid it twice.  they wouldn't let me pay the balance of my daughters phone.  It is a night mare and I have people like you You have no idea what your doing, that's why there is a mess.  I don't know what port out is.  If I cancel my account I lose my number.  If I don't cancel my account I can't get my phone unblocked.  Yes it is such a mess.  I paid 750 dollars on one bill because att said they didn't have my money when they did.   SIMPLE. And yet another insult that I don't know what I am doing.  I would love to see you I'm my operating room!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

they said it was lost in the mail.  i paid it again. it posted yes you can read that is what I said in sentence 3, 4 and 6. [Please keep it courteous] I also never said the word NEXT plan again I don't know what I am doing so I don't know what a NEXT plan is.  I wanted to pay the balance of a 700 dollar phone.  That's pretty simple.  Instead of mostly installments pay it off.     So I'm suppose to cancel my account and wait 30 days to get my own phone unlocked to generate it to use it again.  So, I'm suppose to go 30 days without a phone.  And you say it's not confusing. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@susan53 Are you actually comparing surgery to paying a cell phone bill?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@susan53 wrote:

they said it was lost in the mail.  i paid it again. it posted yes you can read that is what I said in sentence 3, 4 and 6.  You probably are drunk already.  I don't drink.  Enjoy yourself. I also never said the word NEXT plan again I don't know what I am doing so I don't know what a NEXT plan is.  I wanted to pay the balance of a 700 dollar phone.  That's pretty simple.  Instead of mostly installments pay it off.  Can you understand that or are you too drunk.  A customer service rep stating she wants to get drunk while on the job.  CLASSIC!!!!!!   So I'm suppose to cancel my account and wait 30 days to get my own phone unlocked to generate it to use it again.  So, I'm suppose to go 30 days without a phone.  And you say it's not confusing.  You need a new job.

@susan53 It is not possible to have a $700 balance on a phone unless you have a Next installment plan. Just because you don't know what it is called does not change the fact you have a Next plan. It is very simple to pay off your installment plan online. You can not pay off your installment plan by sending in a check. You are also not talking to any customer support reps here, we are all other customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@susan53 wrote:

they said it was lost in the mail.  i paid it again. it posted yes you can read that is what I said in sentence 3, 4 and 6.  You probably are drunk already.  I don't drink.  Enjoy yourself. I also never said the word NEXT plan again I don't know what I am doing so I don't know what a NEXT plan is.  I wanted to pay the balance of a 700 dollar phone.  That's pretty simple.  Instead of mostly installments pay it off.  Can you understand that or are you too drunk.  A customer service rep stating she wants to get drunk while on the job.  CLASSIC!!!!!!   So I'm suppose to cancel my account and wait 30 days to get my own phone unlocked to generate it to use it again.  So, I'm suppose to go 30 days without a phone.  And you say it's not confusing.  You need a new job.

This is a community-based forum. 99%+ of the users are customers like yourself. AT&T employees are very easy to spot, as they have a banner at the bottom of every post declaring as much. 

We do not receive payments or discounts for trying to help other customers; we do it because we're nice people. Insulting us is not going to help you get assistance here, that's for darn sure!

BTW, paying off phones in installments is known as the Next plan. Paying off that balance is completely separate from your regular bill payments, so a credit balance on your account cannot be used to pay off the Next balance. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

stock-vector-female-and-male-hands-holding-and-clinking-with-two-glasses-beer-cheers-toast-lettering-vintage-536274763.jpg

1 Attachment

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

7 years ago

This conversation has strayed from the original subject. Discourteous remarks have been removed and this thread will now be closed.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.