For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Dtrappy's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 15th, 2017 11:37 PM

Your iPhone 8 deal is a scam as usual

You have buy an iPhone 8 get one free with direct tv , but I have to open another line for $20 dollars a month so it's basically your giving 13 dollars a month off . I think your dishonest as usual I pay $343 a month just for phones and service and it's 210 with phones at sprint . I've been a loyal customer for 8 years and I will be cancelling both the phones and direct tv as soon as my contract is finished , no one at your company cares but hopefully someone reads this and doesn't by your service or direct tv

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

It is not a scam, it is a promotion designed to get new lines of service and new Directv customers. You can always get a new line to get the promotion and cancel one of your other lines. Not a big deal if you don't mind changing your number. I know people that have done that to get a free phone. You know, you are probably not under contract. You can pay off your phones and leave at any time.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

That's your opinion. You're expecting a new customer offer as an existing customer. It does not work that way.

It's a promotion for new lines, not existing ones.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

That's they're attitude too , you must work for them .. I was talking about my direct tv contract I'm leaving ATT . It's misleading you get an iPhone 8 free if you purchase on which isn't true you have to add 20 a month to your bill which in turn saves 8 dollars on a regular 8 and 14 on a plus . Its a joke that it's not a scam . I guess your ok with these backhanded PROMOTIONS . Your loyal customers get nothing . How many customers that pay 500 a month for both services need to leave till you care ?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Again who cares about the customers you have right ? They get nothing for loyalty . It's fine your customer service as an att employee clearly comes from the top . My 500 I spend a month between both won't matter too your company . It's going to hurt eventually . What's happening is a loyal customer is going to go to your competition so yes as a loyal customer I want the sign up deal .

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Nothing I have said implicates any attitude or is subjective. I am simply stating these promotions are for new customers.

If you think another carrier will do something different then you will be letdown. Everyone offers the new line offers to poach other customers from another carrier. That's the industry and how it works.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

". It's misleading you get an iPhone 8 free if you purchase on which isn't true you have to add 20 a month to your bill which in turn saves 8 dollars on a regular 8 and 14 on a plus "

Wait...you get an additional line and a phone, and you're upset that it is basically the same price you already paying?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Dtrappy wrote:
You have buy an iPhone 8 get one free with direct tv , but I have to open another line for $20 dollars a month so it's basically your giving 13 dollars a month off . I think your dishonest as usual I pay $343 a month just for phones and service and it's 210 with phones at sprint . I've been a loyal customer for 8 years and I will be cancelling both the phones and direct tv as soon as my contract is finished , no one at your company cares but hopefully someone reads this and doesn't by your service or direct tv

It's pretty clear this is what the offer is.  How is this "dishonest" or a "scam"?

They are trying to get new customers. Think of it this way free phone is basically paid for with advertising dollars reserved for recruiting new customers.

You can circumvent this by adding a new line and canceling a line.  Hint: Don't cancel the line, port it to Google Voice, then tell Google Voice to forward it to the new line and VOILA(!), everyone can still reach you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

i mean if your ok with someone who hasn't given ATT a dollar getting a better deal then a person who for 8 years has given them between 200-500 a month with and without Direct Tv , that's crazy to me . When you had contracts we had to play these games I have to open lines and close lines to get deal it's just a shell game . So I go to another carrier and that makes sense to you ? I run a multi million dollar company and it's pretty easy to take care of the customers you have while trying to attract new ones . Like the bundling deal where it says you can save 25 a month on your direct tv bill if you bundle well that's not true , my ATT plan jumped up 15 a month to save 25 on direct tv . Everything is misleading .

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

No one said they are OK with it. That is just the way the entire wireless industry works. None of the carriers normally offer their deals to existing customers. All of the promotions are designed to get new customers. If you switch to get a deal, that's exactly what they want. You will also find plenty of their customers switching to ATT to get ATT's deal. So yes, it is a shell game but unlikely to ever change. Most people won't go through the hassle of switching carriers just to get a deal and all of the carriers depend on that. That is why they don't offer deals to existing customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Fine, move on.  You will be making the same complaint in 2 years with your new carrier because they all work the same.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.