Need help understanding your bill?
frkonlsh2006's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 7th, 2018 3:23 AM

Yet another Access Fee question...

So, I have been an AT&T  customer since before they became Cingular and back to AT&T again. I have just come to grips with the fact that I will pay an access fee for my smartphones. I accepted that...a little reluctantly, but, whatever. My issue just came about a few months ago. 

My wife and I both work and our son has finally reached the age that he doesn’t really require a sitter after he gets home from school. He is home for about an hour before my wife gets home from work. We went down to our local AT&T store and bought a cheap flip phone and added it to our family plan. Basic features, 3G only...just for him to call us to let us know he was home and for emergencies. The phone has never even connected to the Internet...0  bytes every single month since we bought it.

Why does my bill include a 4G LTE Access Fee for a phone that isn’t even capable of accessing 4G LTE? It’s ludicrous. As I said before, I have accepted the fact that I have to pay access fees for my wife’s and my smartphone, but, a data access fee for a basic phone that uses no data? Can someone please give me a logical explanation for this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Pay no attention to the 4G LTE listed on the bill. It is there just to identify how that line is provisioned. The fact you have a flip phone on that line is irrelevant. The access fee pays for unlimited talk and text for that line, not for data.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@frkonlsh2006

Not sure what phone you bought, but the flip phone advertised , Cingular Flip 2, is a 4G LTE phone.  

https://www.att.com/cellphones/att/cingular-flip-2-prepaid.html#sku=sku9090274

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.