Need help understanding your bill?
kedar.mhaswade's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 11th, 2019 12:35 PM

Wrong bill sent to my account

I have moved to another country and I called AT&T last month to change my plan to just "park" the number(s) at $10 per month. They have then sent me a bill of $135.85 for the service that I did not avail. My plan has been changed in last billing cycle.

I can also not log in to the account because they send me the code to the line that is temporarily (for 6 months) deactivated.

Please help me by sending an email to my registered account. 
Payment due: 06/23/2019
User ID: [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Regards,

Kedar ****

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

The bill is likely not wrong. The $10 option only applies to the line fee. You still have to pay full price for your main data plan. Also, ATT will not email you. Your options are to call or chat.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I have given up the data plan for 6 months as I am not in the US (traveling internationally). The agent specifically  told me that the bill will be $10 per line per month as I am doing this just to _park the number_.

So, I think that the bill is wrong. The problem is I can't contact their support. Is there an email I can contact them on.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@kedar.mhaswade wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have given up the data plan for 6 months as I am not in the US (traveling internationally). The agent specifically  told me that the bill will be $10 per line per month as I am doing this just to _park the number_.

Is it $10 for the LINE, when you check your bill? I know the bill isn't as low as you expect but is the LINE cheaper? 

Even the wording you are using sounds more like they said it's a discount for the LINE, not that the plan=$0 and lines=$10.

So, I think that the bill is wrong. The problem is I can't contact their support. Is there an email I can contact them on.

I've never heard of what you are talking about and have seen people in the forums discussing this (and that the per line discount is hard to get sometimes), but never the whole plan discounted.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You can’t give up the data plan, that is not an option. You can change to the least expensive data plan but not having one at all is not possible. What you should have done to park your numbers was port them to google voice. Sorry to say but keeping them active on ATT is not going to be as cheap as you were expecting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.