For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
TwistedCottage's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 10th, 2015 12:55 AM

Windows 10 caused excessive Data usage

I just updated to Windows 10. This has caused a heavy use of Data. Being on a AT&T MiFi that only has a Data Share plan of 40GB, I have gone WAY OVER my amount. This is causing a problem. I have no choice but to remove Windows 10!
I am one dissatisfied customer. AT&T should have alerted all Capped customers NOT to upgrade to Windows 10!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

its not att's job to tell you what to do.  If you would have read windows 10 has a built in upgrade sharing.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

Removing W10 won't get that data back. If you've already done the download, why are your removing W10 now?

P.S., where would ATT's warnings stop? Should they tell you not to watch Netflix HD movies? Stay away from youtube? It is the customer's responsibility to monitor their data usage.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

I have done some research on WIndows 10 and I have read about users who have had Windows 10 pre-download up to 10GB of updates which it had not yet installed on their systems.  Windows 10 requires you to accept automatic updates, and as a result of this, you may have increasaed data usage.  That's just a  fact of Windows 10.

Since the majority of Windows PC users are on U-Verse or DSL, they won't have any issues with the volume of downlaods that Windows 10 does.  Those few users who are on limited bandwidth should know that they have limited resources and should take it upon themselves to understand the impacts of everything they do.  I don't know many users who are in your position that don't research the crap out of these things before they make any major changes like that, and the ones I know who don't research, don't care (about the price).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.