For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
cgullans's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, January 28th, 2017 5:20 PM

Will the AARP Discount take hold?

I read about applying my AARP membership as a discount, and went the path of going to AARP's website, logging in, and then clicking the link over to AT&T's site.  I now see a green AARP ribbon on the top of my ATT homepage, so this has clearly done something.  However, I did not change any plan or buy any device right now, and I read that it could take 1-2 billing cycles for this to show up.

Did I do what was needed?  I would hate to wait 1....2....3... months, still not seeing the discount, and realize I didn't do it right.  Thanks for any help you can give!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@cgullans If you can see it on your account, I'd say it's good. (That's all I've ever done when changing).

There isn't anything you can do in the meantime, since it's already there.

FYI, the one AT&T page says it's per line, but (unless something has changed) it's only on the plan portion of the bill.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

I did just what you did and it showed on my next bill (not the current one).   Since you see it on your page, you did it right.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Bump.  Just wanted to write for any future readers that what I did was NOT successful in posting the discount.  The AARP ribbon that had appeared on the AT&T website disappeared since I made my post in this thread, and I never received a discount.

I just re-did the process from the AARP website, and again saw the AARP ribbon appear on the AT&T website.  However, this time there was (or I noticed) a link to click to complete the enrollment of the discount.  I am highly confident having gone through that (incl confirmation of SSN) that I will get the discount next time.  I may make one more post to confirm in 1-2 months.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.