For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
obiwankendrobi's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 22nd, 2014 12:15 AM

Will I still get charged a late fee?

I've been paying my bill little by little, but it's late. I will be able to pay the rest of it this week, but I'm afraid I might get a huge late fee.

I've never been late on any bill before, but I've been helping out my parents (dad's sick and can no longer work) and I've come up a bit short. If I've been paying on it, will they still suspend my account or charge a late fee?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

Please visit Late Payment Fee for complete details about the late fee assessment.

I hope this helps!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@obiwankendrobi wrote:

I've been paying my bill little by little, but it's late. I will be able to pay the rest of it this week, but I'm afraid I might get a huge late fee.

I've never been late on any bill before, but I've been helping out my parents (dad's sick and can no longer work) and I've come up a bit short. If I've been paying on it, will they still suspend my account or charge a late fee?

If the balance is not paid in full by the due date, there is a late fee. Last I knew, it was $5. 

If you have an outstanding balance, your service can be suspended...getting service restored after suspension lead to large restoral fees. If it's already past your due date, call 611 from your wireless phone and talk with collections/accounts receivable and let them know what's going on. Usually (but not always) they can work with your payment ability to create an arrangement to prevent suspension. But you HAVE to call. I can't stress that enough!

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

10 years ago

Per the agreement, you can be charged a late fee if you make a late payment.  However, if you make a payment before the end of the billing cycle, you may or may not be charged a late fee.  Usually there is about 5 days between the due date and the end of the cycle.

Scholar

• 

168 Messages

10 years ago

It's 9 dollars now. Just a warning to you all.

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

Actually looking on my recent bill, it's $5 (In Washington State).  So it may vary by location.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am getting this $9.00 late fee for the pass 4 months and my bills are not late.Each month I have to call and fight with them to have it removed. I am sick of it I am looking to take legal action agains them. Not only amI getting this late fee and I amnow not getting my paper bill. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.