Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Will I get charged for calling a US mobile number which is abroad?

Contributor

Will I get charged for calling a US mobile number which is abroad?

I keep getting different answers from AT&T representatives.  I will be traveling to Europe. If someone in the US wants to call me on my US mobile phone while I'm abroad, will they incur international fees? or any fees?

I will have the International Day Pass but I don't know if that factors into the answer above for someone trying to reach me from the US.

Does it make a difference if its WiFi calling?

If I set my phone to Data Roaming OFF, I understand I can still receive calls but will I connect to a European cell tower and trigger the International Day Pass?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Kylarice
‎04-25-2019 10:30 AM

Re: Will I get charged for calling a US mobile number which is abroad?

The caller will not incur any international charges calling your number. Only the phone that is roaming is subject to international roaming charges. It does not matter whether you are on WiFi calling or not, the caller will not be charged. To them it is the same as calling your number when you are in the US. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Will I get charged for calling a US mobile number which is abroad?

Thankyou for answering so quickly. So it sounds like caller will not be charged anything to call to a US phone that is abroad.  And I'm assuming that the International Day Pass and WiFi calling doesn't factor into this.  I think I know the answer about data roaming.  Its cellular & data roaming that needs to be turned off to not trigger the IDP.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support