Need help understanding your bill?
Byteabit's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 29th, 2018 4:49 PM

Why was I charged twice in the same month?

I'm enrolled in auto pay and have always been charged on or around the 12th of each month. It's been that way for years. I'd like a clear and concise explanation as to why I was charged again today as well as a reason for the fees being increased. Customer service told me that the billing cycle was changed. If true, I received no notification of that prior to that change and still feel I've been double billed. Very bad form ATT.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

645B08EA-483A-4C6D-8C6F-1F2E29DEB6CB.jpeg

This is what my bill shows..my bill was due on the 1st of March and I just paid it on the 5th, then I am getting billed again on the 12th of March, tomorrow. I’m guessing it’s just a change in date because of signing up for auto bill pay on my credit card? I was just confused bc I felt like my bill cycle for this month hasn’t even ended yet.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

So you manually paid on the 5th.  The difference is $5.75, which is the late fee.  So you paid last month late, and the new month is already due and includes a late fee.  You should review your payment records.   

And yes, your due date for last month is about 10 days before your new bill comes out.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Dpham88 wrote:

This is what my bill shows..my bill was due on the 1st of March and I just paid it on the 5th, then I am getting billed again on the 12th of March, tomorrow. I’m guessing it’s just a change in date because of signing up for auto bill pay on my credit card? I was just confused bc I felt like my bill cycle for this month hasn’t even ended yet.

If your autopay is on 3/12, that means your billing cycle started on 3/6 and your previous bill started 2/7. Your due date is 3 weeks later, 2/28 (or March 1). If you used a credit card to set up autopay, the charge is on the 6th day of the cycle; i.e. 3/12. Your actual due date isn't until March 27/28 ish. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was charged on the 16th and again I’m the 26th I’m not sure why. This is the first time this has happened 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Rmfg5150 wrote:

I was charged on the 16th and again I’m the 26th I’m not sure why. This is the first time this has happened 

Did you change your payment method recently?

Do you auto pay by credit card?

When were you billed for each payment?  (Check in your myATT account for bill dates and payment records)

Were you billed for two different months and the more recent payment taken only 6 days after your bill closed?

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

They did the same thing to me. After a month of having the service they charged me for two months and when I cancelled the service they said I would NOT receive a refund for the month I was charged in advance. AT&T (Edited per community guidelines)!!! Worst phone company in the US!! I had T-Mobile for 15 years and never had a billingproblem!! 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.