Need help understanding your bill?
phonoply's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, October 6th, 2018 2:35 AM

Why was I charged twice in one month when you decided to change the date of my billing cycle?

I've only had my service since May of 2018. My payment was due on the 9th. On August 26th YOU decided to change the date when my payment should be due. HOWEVER -- you charged me for 30 days payment and I got on 17 days of service. I spoke with customer service supervisor and was told I would not be credited for the $122+. I would like to have an explanation as to why you won't credit my account for service I did not receive.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

We are customers, not ATT.  We didn’t do anything.  

I think what happened is the same as for my account.  I auto pay by credit card, so payment is taken 6 days after bill closes, rather than 19 days as before.  You were notified.  

If you read your emails you got one about changing your payment method from credit card to debit or checking.  

Your payment was taken early, but you are still paying for the same amount of service.

6917BF4C-C83E-4E91-A439-29B9A3BA3A8F.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I am a new customer. My service has only been in effect since May. My method of payment has always been the same. It was AT&T that choose to change my billing date and they should have prorated for those days. Not doing so is stealing in my book.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@phonoply

Read the email they sent.  NOTHING has changed.  

Your bill cycle is the same 

Your bill is produced on the same day.

You are still paying for a full month.

You still have the same due date.

The only change is your auto pay is charged earlier because you used a credit card. M

READ THE EMAIL I POSTED ON THE THREAD.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Totally understand my payment due 30 days on the 9th. What I don’t understand is being charged for 30 days again on the 26th of the same month.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@phonoply wrote:
I am a new customer. My service has only been in effect since May. My method of payment has always been the same. It was AT&T that choose to change my billing date and they should have prorated for those days. Not doing so is stealing in my book.

IF they actually changed the billing date (the date your bill is "printed" each month), then yes, they should have prorated. However, it's more likely that only your autopay date changed, and not the dates you are paying for. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@phonoply

You are not getting it.   You’re not reading the picture of the email Sent 2 months earlier.  

Based on your post, I’m guessing your bill cycle runs from the 21st to the 20th.   Bills that close on the 20th would produce a bill 4 days later on the 24th and be due around the 9th.

Just to repeat, you are billed on the 24th every month.  Last month, this month and next month.

Billed.   On.   the.   24th.   

What changed was when your auto pay is deducted.  It changed because you use a credit card.  

If you read the email, your auto pay was deducted 2 days before due date.  But since you pay with a credit card, ATT is taking it 6 days after your bill closes on the 26th.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@phonoply wrote:
Totally understand my payment due 30 days on the 9th. What I don’t understand is being charged for 30 days again on the 26th of the same month.

To add to what @lizdance40 said, to hopefully spell this out in no uncertain terms: 

On August 20, your billing cycle began. It is August 20-September 19

You made the payment for that cycle on September 9. 

On September 20, your billing cycle began. It is September 20-October 19

Because of the change @lizdance40 has repeatedly informed you of (besides the previous notification AT&T provided), you made this payment on September 26. 

On October 20, your billing cycle will begin. It is October 20 - November 19. You will make that payment on October 26. 

Notice that each payment is for a specific, unique set of dates. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Am I understanding you correctly? I should only have the 4 full payments charged to my card?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

No, that’s not what we’re saying.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@phonoply wrote:
Am I understanding you correctly? I should only have the 4 full payments charged to my card?

What? Where are you getting 4 payments from?

My example had 3 payments: September 9, September 26, and October 26. It covered service from August 20 to November 19. Anything beyond those dates or payments is not included in my example and is completely irrelevant to you understanding what's going on. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.