Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why the first bill is more expensive?

Highlighted
Contributor

Why the first bill is more expensive?

Hello! My first bill is 143,97$ but I when buying a plan aI was told that I will pay 70$ monthly. Not a single word about extra sees and so on. Why 143,97$ instead of 70$ monthly? Why wasn't I told about that?

I would like to see the detail explanation - where should I pay the rest 73$? What price will be the next month?

I also got the email that I will have changes in my plan from Mobile Protection Pack to Protect Advantage - and what was that? I must pay more for that? How to switch it off?

I'm thinking about changing the mobile operator

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by MicCheck
‎09-19-2019 11:47 AM

Re: Why the first bill is more expensive?

Why your first bill may be higher than usual

Here’s why your first bill is typically more than your average bill:

• Your first full month of service is billed in advance.
  • There are prorated charges for a partial month of service if you start service in the middle of a bill cycle.
  • One-time activation fees and equipment charges are billed in arrears. 
**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to maintain your AT&T Account. View AT&T Account Help!
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support