Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why is there an Access Fee added to each line?

Highlighted
Contributor

Why is there an Access Fee added to each line?

I’m on a 20g share plan with 5 lines.  What is this fee for?  I already pay for the wireless plan and for each phone and taxes and other fees. I really am being to hate AT&T 😡

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Master (ACE - Master)
Accepted by MicCheck
‎08-01-2018 10:49 AM

Re: Why is there an Access Fee added to each line?

@Cindyb515

you pay for a data plan and then pay a access fee for each line to access said data plan. I am assuming that is what you are talking about.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

When you choose a plan, ATT states the following:  

All plans include unlimited talk & text. Prices include device access charges.

Why am I being charged again for device access on my bill? You call it "VISUAL VOICEMAIL ACCESS"?

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Yep it says it online but it's a stupid additional fee that's free income to AT&T - I've had a horrible customer service experience so far but I already switched so I'm stuck. 

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

@ukirockgurl That is just the way every ATT wireless plan is structured. There is one charge for the data plan regardless of how many lines use the data, then each line pays a line fee or access fee. That access fee pays for unlimited talk and text for that line. It is not an additional fee and it is not for voicemail.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage

@ukirockgurl wrote:

Yep it says it online but it's a stupid additional fee that's free income to AT&T - I've had a horrible customer service experience so far but I already switched so I'm stuck. 

Name one carrier that doesn’t charge for each device using its cellular  service.

You cant, as there is none.  

And it’s fair.     Don’t you think you should pay less for one line than I do for 5, or someone with 10?   

Postpaid has a base plan price.  Each added device increases the cost.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support