Need help understanding your bill?
RobBinCT's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, August 7th, 2015 7:51 PM

Why did AT&T change my billing due date?

I think it's a simple question and only wish to get an answer from AT&T or someone who actually knows the answer.  Don't speculate, don't answer with an educated guess.  I don't mind change if the reason is explained to me but all I received was a vague text message.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @RobBinCT

I'd be happy to help address your concerns regarding the recent payment due date changes. AT&T is standardizing the amount of days between cycle close and the payment due date for customers in all markets. The reason for this is to ensure customers receive the same treatment, regardless of geographical location.

I hope this helps!

Charise

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

sandblaster, I read that before posting, there is no answer to my question in that document therefore your response was pointless to the point of disrespectful. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@RobBinCT wrote:

sandblaster, I read that before posting, there is no answer to my question in that document therefore your response was pointless to the point of disrespectful. 

No disrepect intended and had you indicated that you had already read that I would not have posted it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

And that article explained why the change. AT&T standardized the bill due date to 21 days after the billing period. I don't understand.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Ok, I guess your explanation why is over my head. I guess my question should be amended to ask "Why did AT&T standardized the bill due date to 21 days after the billing period?"  Is my question clearer?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

So AT&T discriminated customers based on location prior to this change?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Every company has the right to change billing practices. There were several different billing policies. some were less that 21 days after the billing period, some were more than 21 days. AT&T decided to standardize their billing policy to the bill being due 21 days after the end of the billing period. As for why, no one knows except for the person or committee that made the decision to make the change.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

So basically you're telling me that as a long time customer I'm not privy to get the answer to my question?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

And I NEVER stated they didn't have the right to do it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.