For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Thursday, March 9th, 2017 3:05 AM

Why are you so expensive?

I've had ATT since iPhone - Day 1. I just switched my iPhone to Verizon from ATT after a bunch of years. ATT coverage was getting worse, terrible plan flexibility and their rates were increasing consistently. Verizon unlimited talk, text, data and much better coverage is a full $50 cheaper per month. 50! 🕺💃🎉 When I spoke to ATT about cost control or plan changes you could not have care any less about trying to keep my business. I noted this on Facebook and the response of other people's similar experience causing them to switch also was stunning.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous AT&T cell phones rates increasing consistently? I can think of two rate increases since I joined in 2009(where they changed your plan out from under you), specifically $5 for the grandfathered unlimited plan that they had canceled 5+ years ago and just over a year ago another $5 increase.

Otherwise my plan had at least 3 incidences (A-List, unlimited M2M and unlimited texting price drop) that AT&T offered other features or cost decreases where I was able to drop my cost $10-$20 each of those three times. Any one of those offset the price of those two $5 increases.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Good for you.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Love to know what plan you have that's $50 cheaper per month. Verizon's and ATT's prices are normally very close. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:
Good for you.

Really? "Good for you" is what you have? You started a conversation in a public forum and brought no real facts to the table and I guess you don't want to share any...

I kind of thought you might respond with how your prices went up? or this $50 better plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

I have threatened and mulled over the notion of switching to Verizon regularly because they get better coverage, but I can't get a match for my plan at the same price.   Not even close.   

So Without some facts and figures, your post isn't going to receive much credence.  

I have 5 lines, 20 gigs of data and pay under $180 with a 22% discount off the data plan.  

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Coverage does not decrease in major metropolitan areas and areas of sizable population density. Outside of a few old Alltel towers in the mountain time zone being retired the number of cell sites is increasing. So in a particular area there is something else impeding the signal. Interference from other sources of radio waves or impacts from building material, terrain, etc.

Myself I would like to know which Verizon plan is 50 dollars cheaper as well. Verizon's grandfathered unlimited plan has been $50 for a while now, that's actuall $10 more than the $40 price on AT&T.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Good for you.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

wow everyone is feeding the trolls today.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:
Good for you.

So just trolling and stirring up trouble. Sorry to bother you. Have a nice day. My mistake...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.