For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Sbd1972's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 27th, 2015 1:46 AM

Where is my rollover data?

I haven't had rollover data in last three billing periods. They added overage data on last day of billing cycle and it didn't rollover. I'm getting ripped off.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Only plan data rolls over. Overage data does not roll over.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Rollover data is a tricky little bird.

The legaleese on it is paragraphs long, so i will try to summerize it.

You get an allocated amount of data per month. If you go over, you pay extra for it.

If you use LESS than your allocated total, the unused data rolls over to the next month. (It only rolls over one, and only one time.)

The following month, you have your rolled over data. Any guess how you use it?

This is one of the tricky parts. If you use up ALL of your allocated data, THEN you can use your rolled over data.

If you do NOT use all of your allocated data (not your rolled over data), then the rolled over data from the previous month is gone. However, you do get the unused data from this month rolled over.

THIS is the point a lot of folks get confused on: If you use up all the data in a month, even if you use any rolled over data or not, there is NO data left over to be rolled over to the next month.

You can NOT rollover the same data twice.

If you have no rollover data in a month, OR you use up all your rolled over data allotment for that month, if you are charged for overage data, it does NOT roll over, EVER.

This is dependant on your billing cycle. You can be as close as one day away from your new billing cycle and your allotment of data, and even though it existed for one day, you will be charged for the excess data, and even if you have excess data left, it expires (no exceptions) on the first day of the new billing cycle.

There is more, but that is the jist of it.

Point being, one, watch your data usage, and two, make sure you don't waste it, as it can get expensive.

About all I can think of to add.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

We Paid equally for our alloted data as we did for our rollover data.

It should never expire. You should always get to use what you paid for

regardless of when you use it. Not getting what you paid for is wrong. 

If I pay for a tank of gas, I wouldn't expect the gas station to take it back if I haven't used it in a month. Data is not like Milk there should be no expiration date on data.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

You are entitled to your opinion, and I even agree with you. However, that is not the way it works and it is within ATT's pervue to set the rules. Your best way to express your anger is with your wallet by changing carriers.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Overage packs do not rollover. It's that simple. Rollver data does not continually rollover and accumulate month to month either, it expires after 30 days. Rollover data is not used until initial plan data is used. So if you have 15GB of plan data, and 3GB of rollover, the 3GB of rollover isn't used until you deplete the 15GB. 

If you have a 15GB plan and only use 11GB, you begin the next month with 19GB. If you use 17GB that month, you begin the next month with 15GB.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.