For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
007tommy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 28th, 2018 10:45 PM

When to change prepaid plan

I have a running prepaid monthly plan and I want to downgrade to a lower plan at the end of my present cycle.

When is the latest that I need to execute a change to use my existing plan to the latest available day and hour, but before being charged for the next cycle - I have more than enough credit and I do not want the charge to trigger automatically for the next cycle, but do not want to cancel my present plan prematurely

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@007tommy wrote:

I have a running prepaid monthly plan and I want to downgrade to a lower plan at the end of my present cycle.

When is the latest that I need to execute a change to use my existing plan to the latest available day and hour, but before being charged for the next cycle - I have more than enough credit and I do not want the charge to trigger automatically for the next cycle, but do not want to cancel my present plan prematurely

Turn off the automatic payment, then purchase the new plan on the day after the old plan expires, then turn autopay back on. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you already have a sufficient account balance to renew your plan, do not wait for the current plan to expire as your balance will automatically renew your current plan. In that case, make the plan change on the last day of your current plan. Autopay or not, if you don’t want any service disruption, make the change on the last day of your current plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Does auto pay pull on the dat the payment posts or on the due date?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.