Need help understanding your bill?
dracodws's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 1:20 AM

What would the ETF be for 2 new iPhone 5's on Family plan

I've had an iPhone 3G on AT&T. I then bought the iPhone 4 and gave the 3G to my Mom and we started on a Family Plan. We're both eligible for upgrades. 

What would happen if i bought the 32GB for $299 and she bught the 16GB for $199 if we then cancelled our account? Would it be $325 ETF total, or $325 per iPhone?

I'm just curious because we're thinking of going to Straight Talk and porting numbers (or getting new ones if we have to, but would rather keep them)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T : 299+199+325+325=1148 Apple : 749+649=1398 going thru AT&T = 250 cheaper. what would the upgrade fees be?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@dracodws wrote:
AT&T : 299+199+325+325=1148 Apple : 749+649=1398 going thru AT&T = 250 cheaper. what would the upgrade fees be?

you missed a couple of charges for att - 72.00 for 2 new phone activation charge, the final bill for service, that is not prorated, even on the lowest family plan it will be at least 80.00 so your savings would be 98.00 instead. Add to the simple fact if you purchase the phones fro Apple you can get the factory unlocked ones rather then the att locked ones and not have to go through the issuses of unlocking the phones at att.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

oh ok. thank you.

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

11 years ago

Why would AT&T stick someone with a full months bill when they should prorate it.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@buckeyegoose wrote:
Why would AT&T stick someone with a full months bill when they should prorate it.

becasue you pay for a months worth of service, same as verizon, sprint and t-mobile. Other business do the esact same thing. This is documented in the terms of service that you signed

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.