For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
NyFinest24's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 2nd, 2016 1:33 AM

What is "Access for iPhone 4GLTE"

I currently have the Mobile Share Plan 6gb with my wife. The plan cost 60$ and then 15$ for an additional phone or something like that. I have no problem with that, however, each phone is being charged 40$ with a 20$ access discount for access for iPhone 4G LTE with visual voicemail. I was told by an ATT person in chat that, that is for access to AT&T's towers. However when I was on the GoPhone plan I only paid 45$ a month for the 3gb unlimited plan. So no extra charges, no access charges, no 911 fees or whatever those other fees are I could bring up. Am I better off going back to the Go plan? We are on a installment plan for our new phones which shouldn't make a difference. Thanks in advance

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

That's the way the mobile share plans work. There is one charge for shared data and then each phone pays an access fee for unlimited talk and text. You will have to decide if going back to gophone is cheaper but if you do, you will have to pay the remaining balance on your installment plan because you can't have a phone installment plan on gophone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

According to the plan details the Mobile Share plan shares 6gb of data and INCLUDES talk and text. You can check the plan details on AT&T's website. And also like I said it was cheaper to do the Go plan and yes I would have to pay off my installments, which I will do if someone can't tell me why I should be paying an EXTRA 40$ a month for something the Go plan does not charge.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Did you ever figure this charge out. They charge me and my daughter 40$ each for this access stuff What the heck?
I'm a little disgusted because even with all the competition att still remains overly costly compared to everyone else. Ugh.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

Look at post #2 for an explanation.

All the major carriers have fairly similar pricing, so you will need to figure out which service works best.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

All plans have a "line access fee".  Prepaid plans are inclusive, data/line access are one price.  Shared/postpaid data plans are ala carte.  Data is priced separately so you can choose the size data plan you need.  Then you add the number of lines/ phone numbers you need.  For groups of 4 or more a shared plan is often cheaper.

For singles and couples who don't travel Gophone is cheaper.  

Gophone has limited features.  Such as:  Can't roam other than Mexico and Canada, no data free TV, must buy their own phones, no HD voice, no wifi calling, etc.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.