Need help understanding your bill?
rbow's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 2:21 AM

What does PTA stand for on my billing statement?

What does pta mean on my bill under texts?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Darn it! Stupid auto correct. Haha pta

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

This would indicate that there is some sort of app (or some one is accidently and or deliberately connecting to the internet) on the phone that is connecting at some point in time to the internet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

how do you change the setting on the phone to make sure your wifi stays on?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@lmw143 wrote:

how do you change the setting on the phone to make sure your wifi stays on?

that is built into the phone, most, if not all smartphones will shutdown the wifi chipset when the phone goes into hiberation and is not plugged into the charger, this is for power savings and is built into the phone by the manufacturer. Other then that wifi will stay connected as long as it is in range of the access point that is related to the wifi id that is setup by the user on the phone

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

pta is a huge phantom data case pending. they have sent me a new phone. master reset. shut off data. be in wifi erase all apps. its noy.gonna work alk u have.to do is google it.  they keep paying my overage charges. engineer.involved in case put atnt smart phone on his table at his house. didnt add any apps or.use phone and it.incurred 35 diff. data charges. do not let anyone tell u its sumthin atuupdating or its this or that. its def. not. 

finally got them to admit it had nothing to do with me today and that they have no idea what it is or.how to.fix it. the latter was not truthful. they have been dealing with this for years and have made millions and millions of dollars off this. they have settled many cases "quietly" . good luck and do not pay for any data overages.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

107.44 mg??? what is "mg"? Mega Gigs? If you meant to say "mb" which stands for mega bits, then that is actually typical usage for someone who uses data often. In 1GB there is 1,024 MB; so at that rate you would need around 4-6GB to be on the safe side.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@jimiaikey wrote:

pta is a huge phantom data case pending. they have sent me a new phone. master reset. shut off data. be in wifi erase all apps. its noy.gonna work alk u have.to do is google it.  they keep paying my overage charges. engineer.involved in case put atnt smart phone on his table at his house. didnt add any apps or.use phone and it.incurred 35 diff. data charges. do not let anyone tell u its sumthin atuupdating or its this or that. its def. not. 

finally got them to admit it had nothing to do with me today and that they have no idea what it is or.how to.fix it. the latter was not truthful. they have been dealing with this for years and have made millions and millions of dollars off this. they have settled many cases "quietly" . good luck and do not pay for any data overages.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Never heard of this pta outside of the tla for parents teachers association or the The Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupé, or LTE usage where is this supposedly pending

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.