Need help understanding your bill?
rbow's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 2:21 AM

What does PTA stand for on my billing statement?

What does pta mean on my bill under texts?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

it's data usage for LTE phones, that's the APN (access point name) it uses

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

So its just where go online to check my email?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

anything that involves data (e.g. internet, downloads, apps, email, etc)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I just purchased a smart phone 2 days ago and i have already accumulated 107.44 mg of usage for data. THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE, it is under pta internet/medianet. I am hooked up to wifi at home and at school. that is simply not possible. i need somebody to explain what this is and how i stop it. i am not paying for internet usage that i did not use...

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@kwarlow wrote:

I just purchased a smart phone 2 days ago and i have already accumulated 107.44 mg of usage for data. THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE, it is under pta internet/medianet. I am hooked up to wifi at home and at school. that is simply not possible. i need somebody to explain what this is and how i stop it. i am not paying for internet usage that i did not use...

107 MB in two days is possible - are you listening to pandora / netflix or any other streaming app while you are away from the wireless? Are you sure the wireless is staying connected all the time? Are you using any apps that require cellualr location services? If the wireless drops it automaticly swaps back to cellular data. Are you autoupdating or autoscanning your facebook page. Most smartphones will shutdown the wifi and switch back to cellular if the phone hibernates and is not plugged in for charging.

go into the hpne settings and turn off cellular data then turn back on wifi settings, that way the phone will not autoswitch and you will know exactly when the wifi drops becuase you will lose connection.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

i had my phone shut off last night and pta used so much data i jumped from 44.8 mb to 107 mg. i was asleep. i shouldnt have to shut the data off, im paying for that every month because ATT says I HAVE to have it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Consumers simply shoulder the taxes of the companies. Fewer people actually have a traditional phone. Mobile phones are the favored way of voice conversation and smartphones are becoming the preferred platform.  For that reason, wireless expenses have been going up continuously in the past few years.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@ricmiller wrote:

Consumers simply shoulder the taxes of the companies. Fewer people actually have a traditional phone. Mobile phones are the favored way of voice conversation and smartphones are becoming the preferred platform.  For that reason, wireless expenses have been going up continuously in the past few years.

All expenses have been going up - from the cost of cat food to the cost of a galleon of gas, personally will never give up the standard POTS line in my house nor the emergency backup POTS lines at my business, unlike cell phones they rarely have connection issues.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I also have pts on my bill as well(a lot) I always have data turned off so why is it on there?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Oops sorry, pts, not pts:|
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.