Need help understanding your bill?
Sausalito's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, February 24th, 2011 2:12 AM

Closed

What do these codes mean?

I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

13 years ago

@Sausalito wrote:

I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

CNG is a remnant of the time AT&T Mobility was called Cingular.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks... would never have thought of that

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

13 years ago

@Sausalito wrote:

Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

SNFC CNTRL is likely San Francisco Central, at least on my bill they show up for some 415-area code numbers. And for some others it shows San Jose W, San Jose N, etc. so I think they're just trying to fit a longer string into a limited space.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

thanks. Mine look like they are mostly from the central valley, but northern ca

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome!

Guru

• 

135 Messages

13 years ago

Cingular... those were the good old days before $BC murdered poor Jack. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

13 years ago

@joshua hirsch wrote:

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

Not sure what you're talking about. The M2MCNG designation marks all calls between numbers on AT&T network, both incoming and outgoing, it has nothing to do with you receiving calls from AT&T. I suppose to stop those you have to talk to AT&T support.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same here....so after blocking them off my Xfinity Voice account, they populate again under a string of new numbers;  they never stop.sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. It has seriously become a nuisance.It's obviously a scammer.....JUST DON'T ANSWER!  and PLS DON'T DIAL BACK THEIR NUMBER! Could be ID theft, you know. Hope and pray it stops very soon!!!!!!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.