Helpful Links

What do these codes mean?

Tutor

What do these codes mean?

I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: What do these codes mean?

Sausalito wrote:

I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

CNG is a remnant of the time AT&T Mobility was called Cingular.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

Thanks... would never have thought of that

Message 3 of 10
Tutor

Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

Message 4 of 10
ACE - Expert

Sausalito wrote:

Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

SNFC CNTRL is likely San Francisco Central, at least on my bill they show up for some 415-area code numbers. And for some others it shows San Jose W, San Jose N, etc. so I think they're just trying to fit a longer string into a limited space.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Tutor

thanks. Mine look like they are mostly from the central valley, but northern ca

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

You're welcome!

Message 7 of 10
Guru

Cingular... those were the good old days before $BC murdered poor Jack. 

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

joshua hirsch wrote:

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

Not sure what you're talking about. The M2MCNG designation marks all calls between numbers on AT&T network, both incoming and outgoing, it has nothing to do with you receiving calls from AT&T. I suppose to stop those you have to talk to AT&T support.

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support