Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 23, 2011
6:12:24 PM
What do these codes mean?

I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 26, 2011 7:11:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by dmapr on Feb 26, 2011 at 7:15:46 AM

Sausalito wrote:

Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

SNFC CNTRL is likely San Francisco Central, at least on my bill they show up for some 415-area code numbers. And for some others it shows San Jose W, San Jose N, etc. so I think they're just trying to fit a longer string into a limited space.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

What do these codes mean?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 23, 2011 11:09:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sausalito wrote:

thanks

tom

CNG is a remnant of the time AT&T Mobility was called Cingular.

Sausalito wrote:

thanks

tom

CNG is a remnant of the time AT&T Mobility was called Cingular.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What do these codes mean?

2 of 10 (7,829 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 10:15:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks... would never have thought of that

Thanks... would never have thought of that

3 of 10 (7,817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 10:15:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

4 of 10 (7,816 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 26, 2011 7:11:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by dmapr on Feb 26, 2011 at 7:15:46 AM

Sausalito wrote:

SNFC CNTRL is likely San Francisco Central, at least on my bill they show up for some 415-area code numbers. And for some others it shows San Jose W, San Jose N, etc. so I think they're just trying to fit a longer string into a limited space.

Sausalito wrote:

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (7,772 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2011 9:37:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

thanks. Mine look like they are mostly from the central valley, but northern ca

thanks. Mine look like they are mostly from the central valley, but northern ca

6 of 10 (7,761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2011 2:33:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You're welcome!

You're welcome!

7 of 10 (7,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2011 3:33:30 PM
(0)
Guru

Cingular... those were the good old days before $BC murdered poor Jack. 

Cingular... those were the good old days before $BC murdered poor Jack. 

8 of 10 (7,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 5:38:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

9 of 10 (7,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 8:15:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

joshua hirsch wrote:

Not sure what you're talking about. The M2MCNG designation marks all calls between numbers on AT&T network, both incoming and outgoing, it has nothing to do with you receiving calls from AT&T. I suppose to stop those you have to talk to AT&T support.

joshua hirsch wrote:

Not sure what you're talking about. The M2MCNG designation marks all calls between numbers on AT&T network, both incoming and outgoing, it has nothing to do with you receiving calls from AT&T. I suppose to stop those you have to talk to AT&T support.

10 of 10 (7,535 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments