What do these codes mean?

Tutor

What do these codes mean?

I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

Message 1 of 10 (9,086 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sausalito
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: What do these codes mean?

Sausalito wrote:

I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

thanks

tom

CNG is a remnant of the time AT&T Mobility was called Cingular.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (9,079 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks... would never have thought of that

Message 3 of 10 (9,067 Views)
Tutor

Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

Message 4 of 10 (9,066 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sausalito
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

Sausalito wrote:

Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

SNFC CNTRL is likely San Francisco Central, at least on my bill they show up for some 415-area code numbers. And for some others it shows San Jose W, San Jose N, etc. so I think they're just trying to fit a longer string into a limited space.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10 (9,022 Views)
Tutor

thanks. Mine look like they are mostly from the central valley, but northern ca

Message 6 of 10 (9,011 Views)
ACE - Expert

You're welcome!

Message 7 of 10 (9,005 Views)
Guru

Cingular... those were the good old days before $BC murdered poor Jack. 

Message 8 of 10 (9,001 Views)
Contributor

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

Message 9 of 10 (8,828 Views)
ACE - Expert

joshua hirsch wrote:

OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

Not sure what you're talking about. The M2MCNG designation marks all calls between numbers on AT&T network, both incoming and outgoing, it has nothing to do with you receiving calls from AT&T. I suppose to stop those you have to talk to AT&T support.

Message 10 of 10 (8,785 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.