Ask a question

    Reply
    Highlighted
    Posted Feb 23, 2011
    6:12:24 PM
    What do these codes mean?

    I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

     

    also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

     

    thanks

     

    tom

    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Feb 26, 2011 7:11:48 AM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Edited by dmapr on Feb 26, 2011 at 7:15:46 AM

    Sausalito wrote:

    Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?


    SNFC CNTRL is likely San Francisco Central, at least on my bill they show up for some 415-area code numbers. And for some others it shows San Jose W, San Jose N, etc. so I think they're just trying to fit a longer string into a limited space.

    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Accepted Solution

    What do these codes mean?

    5,606 views
    9 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    Post reply
    View all replies
    (9)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Feb 23, 2011 11:09:19 PM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

    Sausalito wrote:

    I have a number of calls to SNFC CNTRL ... What in the world is that?

     

    also,  a number of my calls are feature M2MCNG ... I assume M2M is mobile to mobile, but what is CNG??

     

    thanks

     

    tom


    CNG is a remnant of the time AT&T Mobility was called Cingular.

     

    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    2 of 10 (5,599 Views)
    Solution
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 24, 2011 10:15:10 AM
    0
    (0)
    Tutor

    Thanks... would never have thought of that

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    3 of 10 (5,587 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 24, 2011 10:15:46 AM
    0
    (0)
    Tutor

    Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    4 of 10 (5,586 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Feb 26, 2011 7:11:48 AM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Edited by dmapr on Feb 26, 2011 at 7:15:46 AM

    Sausalito wrote:

    Any idea about the SFNG CNTRL?


    SNFC CNTRL is likely San Francisco Central, at least on my bill they show up for some 415-area code numbers. And for some others it shows San Jose W, San Jose N, etc. so I think they're just trying to fit a longer string into a limited space.

    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    [ Edited ]
    5 of 10 (5,542 Views)
    Solution
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 26, 2011 9:37:44 AM
    0
    (0)
    Tutor

    thanks. Mine look like they are mostly from the central valley, but northern ca

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    6 of 10 (5,531 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 26, 2011 2:33:55 PM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

    You're welcome!

    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    7 of 10 (5,525 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 26, 2011 3:33:30 PM
    0
    (0)
    Guru

    Cingular... those were the good old days before $BC murdered poor Jack. 

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    8 of 10 (5,521 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 7, 2011 5:38:44 AM
    0
    (0)
    Contributor

    OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    9 of 10 (5,348 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 9, 2011 8:15:00 AM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

     


    joshua hirsch wrote:

    OK GREAT, IT MEANS MOBILE TO MOBILE, BUT WHY IS IT CINGULAR, HOW CAN I PREVENT MORE CALLS LIKE THIS FROM OCURRING? I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AT VERY EARLY MORNING HOURS AND I AM GETTING A LITTLE PEAVED. PLEASE HELP ME STOP THIS ABUSE.


    Not sure what you're talking about. The M2MCNG designation marks all calls between numbers on AT&T network, both incoming and outgoing, it has nothing to do with you receiving calls from AT&T. I suppose to stop those you have to talk to AT&T support.

     

    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: What do these codes mean?

    10 of 10 (5,305 Views)
    Share this post
    Share this post