Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Voicemail charge

Highlighted
Contributor

Voicemail charge

On my bill I have a $40 voicemail charge.  I believe it is for having the message written out.  I want to remove this feature.  I don't need it and it is too expensive.  Thank you. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Master (ACE - Master)
Accepted by MicCheck
‎08-28-2017 7:40 AM

Re: Voicemail charge

No, you have a $40 line access fee for your phone number which includes provisioning for a phone, data type and FREE visual voicemail.  

All phones have a line fee.  The details are just for provisioning purposes.

See mine....

IMG_5804.JPGIMG_5803.JPG

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

I can't believe this question still comes up. By the way, if your line fee is $40, you are either still on a 2 year contract or you have the unlimited data plan that originally required Directv. If you are still on a contract, it should be ending soon so good news, that $40 fee will drop either $15, $20 or $25 depending on your plan. If you have the unlimited plan with the $40 line fee, you should consider switching to the new unlimited choice plan. Unless you are getting a corporate discount, the current plan will likely cost less.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

@sandblaster   Or they don't understand the "discount for access" because of how it's noted on the bill.   

4 months from now all 2 year phone contracts will be over,  line fees will drop, and we'll see posts because  customers won't know why.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support