Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 7, 2014
7:20:54 PM
View profile
Very frustrated with the billing split in Connecticut.
We paid our combined bill on 8/4 which was due on 8/9. Today we received our new wireless bill and it is due on 8/26! I called customer service to see if the payment was received and they said yes it was and because of the split our due dates change and we owe another payment in August! How can this be right? When I questioned this the CSR said, a lot of people are complaining about this. But oh well, we can put u on a payment plan. No not the right answer, the answer should be keep my due date the same! I'd rather pay extra in September then pay twice in August. Over $400 in one month for phones and internet is impossible!
We paid our combined bill on 8/4 which was due on 8/9. Today we received our new wireless bill and it is due on 8/26! I called customer service to see if the payment was received and they said yes it was and because of the split our due dates change and we owe another payment in August! How can this be right? When I questioned this the CSR said, a lot of people are complaining about this. But oh well, we can put u on a payment plan. No not the right answer, the answer should be keep my due date the same! I'd rather pay extra in September then pay twice in August. Over $400 in one month for phones and internet is impossible!

Very frustrated with the billing split in Connecticut.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 8:49:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Aug 11, 2014 at 11:36:10 AM

So0303 wrote:

From the sounds of it, you really are only losing 1 week of service which you have paid for.  Your old due date was the 4th of the month, and the new one is about one week earlier on the 26th.
It is probably due to the timing that you decided to "split" the billing into separate bills.  When you cancel an account with AT&T (or many other carriers) they don't pro-rate your final month of service.  You pay for the full month, even if you cancel your service one day after the billing cycle began.  More than likely, your old bill was due on the 4th, but the billing cycle ended about 3 weeks earlier.  This would mean that when you split the bills, your new billing cycle shifted based on teh date you split the accounts and your bill is now due about 1 week before the next billing cycle starts, so your bill is now due about 1 week before it was before, which therefore accounts for the "lost week" mentioned above.  You may have "2 bills due in Aug", but you won't have another cell bill due for a month after that, so it is still on the monthly cycle, it just starts earlier than it used to...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

So0303 wrote:

From the sounds of it, you really are only losing 1 week of service which you have paid for.  Your old due date was the 4th of the month, and the new one is about one week earlier on the 26th.
It is probably due to the timing that you decided to "split" the billing into separate bills.  When you cancel an account with AT&T (or many other carriers) they don't pro-rate your final month of service.  You pay for the full month, even if you cancel your service one day after the billing cycle began.  More than likely, your old bill was due on the 4th, but the billing cycle ended about 3 weeks earlier.  This would mean that when you split the bills, your new billing cycle shifted based on teh date you split the accounts and your bill is now due about 1 week before the next billing cycle starts, so your bill is now due about 1 week before it was before, which therefore accounts for the "lost week" mentioned above.  You may have "2 bills due in Aug", but you won't have another cell bill due for a month after that, so it is still on the monthly cycle, it just starts earlier than it used to...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Very frustrated with the billing split in Connecticut.

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2014 4:56:54 AM
(0)
Contributor
I would agree if it was us who decided to split the bill or change our service. AT&T sold their internet and phone and split the bill because of this change. We requested no changes, so when we got another bill for an entire month of service after we just sent in a a full payment we were very surprised and upset.

Sent from my iPad
I would agree if it was us who decided to split the bill or change our service. AT&T sold their internet and phone and split the bill because of this change. We requested no changes, so when we got another bill for an entire month of service after we just sent in a a full payment we were very surprised and upset.

Sent from my iPad

Re: Very frustrated with the billing split in Connecticut.

3 of 3 (170 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments