For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
garbagetelecom's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 2:19 AM

Utterly Disgusting Service

I've been a customer for 10+ years, and the service you have provided is absolutely disgusting. 

You are the monopoly of bad service, the EA of telecoms who ruined Cingular and SBC.

I was forced to use your sub par service when you allocated my prior carriers.

You charged me $80+/mo for 1GB that is throttled to 2G speeds after overage. No other telecom throttles to 2G, the very least is 3G to maintain a smartphones usability.  You current plans state UNLIMITED for $60/mo for one line. Why was I never upgraded? Why did you collect $80+ for the last 4 years and give me the most awful wireless plan in existence? Why is my plan now $55+/mo after my phone was paid off when your unlimited plan is $60/mo? 

I have never exceeded two bars of wireless service in my current residence. Do you really think this is worth $80+ /mo?

I have paid my last phone payment and requested your online chat support to send me my unlock code and change my service. They have a representative call me who immediately places me on hold for 15+minutes and tell me I must use your website for unlocking my device, which I am unable to because it says I still owe money on my device. 

I have paid off my device in full and am unable to unlock my device to change carriers.

I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and FCC for deceptive business practices. 

You will not receive another payment from me, give me my unlock code so I can cancel your garbage service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, no sympathy here. Seems your whole complaint is because you didn’t know about the current plans and continued to pay for an old plan. You seem to think ATT should have automatically changed your plan. Sorry, that is never going to happen. Customers would revolt if ATT changed their plans without asking. There are still customers paying for minute plans and they don’t want to give them up. You are responsible for changing your plan and that means keeping up with changes.

Also, the 1GB MSA plan is not $80, it’s $50 and unlimited choice for one line is $65, not $60. You must be paying for something else beside your plan. You also have your Cingular, SBC history wrong. The current ATT is Cingular and SBC and BellSouth put together. SBC then also bought ATT and decided to keep ATT for the corporate name. The current ATT wireless is mostly Cingular with a few wireless assets from ATT.

So, if service was so terrible, why did you stay 10 years?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

As for unlocking your phone, it takes at least a week after paying off the device for the unlock portal to get updated from the billing system. Wait a few days and resubmit. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@garbagetelecom

I don’t get why you’re so grumpy.  

You are paying for a capped plan, rather than pay overage.  All capped plans slow to unusable speed once your data is used up.  If you need more data, get the bigger plan. That’s how it works.

A one gig plan is $30, plus line fee $20.  If you’re paying $80, that must have included your phone.  With it paid off your bill drops to about $55 with taxes 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Most likely ATT didn't tell you, because it wasn't in their best interest to lose revenue/profit. Funny things, is when you go to a physical store, they automatically want to review your account "here comes the upsale", just to ensure you are receiving the "best services/plan!" No AT&T won't change their plans, because customers are a bunch of rebels and might revolt! They just add vague "admin" and other kinds of fees, as a profit! 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My grumpiness stems from corporate shills like yourself replying quicker than this billion dollar corporations support team.

I like how you completely glossed over the fact that $55/mo for 1GB is acceptable to charge me, even though a $60/mo UNLIMITED plan exists and AT&T won't utter a word to upgrade. Somehow $5 makes all the difference between a garbage plan and something halfway decent? Unlikely.

Considering that this is the same company that was charging me $0.20/text at a time when most if not all carriers had offered unlimited free texts. 

I also enjoy how the unlock page states up to two days to retrieve my unlock code, but another corporate shill states it will take a week to retrieve.

All the while AT&T will charge me another months fee while I am held hostage with this garbage carrier. 

If you think throttled 2G capped plans are acceptable than I guess you agree with Net Neutrality being repealed as well? Or how AT&T merging with TimeWarner does not violate antitrust laws? Keep shilling for the company though, not like doing a dis-service to your fellow countrymen will hurt this country and its economy.....oh wait never mind. 

Ten years and not once has AT&T contacted me to provide a discount, upgrade my plan, or give me anything but mediocre service and canned responses. 

Unless your reply contains my unlock code, I don't want to hear it.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It seems JC5HUNDRED's comment is spot on. 

The whole "customers will revolt" spiel the first corporate shill said is laughable. 

Yes, customers will revolt if they received discounts and upgraded plans; *gasp* Did I receive a credit on my bill?! Break out the pitchforks!

Overcharge customers on outdated plans and keep quiet? That's what customers want!

The whole argument of "You should follow up to make sure you are on the best plan" is basically an admission that AT&T is not honest in their pricing and its up to the consumer to follow up. What should I do, call every month to make sure I'm not being cheated? Is that the gist of what AT&T is telling me? That I can't trust them to provide me the best price, and its up to me to make sure I don't get cheated? Nice one shills.

What a horrible world we live in when a corporations forum is filled with corporate sponsored shills to argue against the consumer. 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

6 years ago

smh.....

Always some one else fault, the world we live in now.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Can't be the fact that at&t doesn't force change plans. The unlimited plan you are talking about lacks hotspot, some people have to have hotspot. Would it be fair to them to remove the hotspot without their conscent? Or to increase the bill $5 for a plan you may not want? At&t literally has all their plans posted and advertises their plaans often. Time to admit responsibility on your behalf. You received the exact plan you agreed to at&t to send never requested it to be changed. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@garbagetelecom wrote:

It seems JC5HUNDRED's comment is spot on. 

The whole "customers will revolt" spiel the first corporate shill said is laughable. 

Yes, customers will revolt if they received discounts and upgraded plans; *gasp* Did I receive a credit on my bill?! Break out the pitchforks!

Overcharge customers on outdated plans and keep quiet? That's what customers want!

The whole argument of "You should follow up to make sure you are on the best plan" is basically an admission that AT&T is not honest in their pricing and its up to the consumer to follow up. What should I do, call every month to make sure I'm not being cheated? Is that the gist of what AT&T is telling me? That I can't trust them to provide me the best price, and its up to me to make sure I don't get cheated? Nice one shills.

What a horrible world we live in when a corporations forum is filled with corporate sponsored shills to argue against the consumer. 

Total nonsense. There are no corporate shills here. We are just knowledgeable customers who actually understand how the wireless industry works. Something you apparently don’t. By the way, you are not an an outdated plan, you are on a current plan. There is nothing dishonest about the plan or price. Whether or not you think it is overpriced is your opinion but every customer has a choice whether to get that plan or not. No one forced you to get it or keep it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@garbagetelecom wrote:

My grumpiness stems from corporate shills like yourself replying quicker than this billion dollar corporations support team.

I like how you completely glossed over the fact that $55/mo for 1GB is acceptable to charge me, even though a $60/mo UNLIMITED plan exists and AT&T won't utter a word to upgrade. Somehow $5 makes all the difference between a garbage plan and something halfway decent? Unlikely.

So switch to that plan!   You can ALWAYS change your plan.   The $65 unlimited plan does have “limits”.  It is limited to 3 Mbps speed and no hotspot.   

Considering that this is the same company that was charging me $0.20/text at a time when most if not all carriers had offered unlimited free texts. 

Old plan.   ATT is also the only carrier that still offers a pay per use prepiad plan for those who only want to spend $8.33 a month “just in case” they need a phone.

I also enjoy how the unlock page states up to two days to retrieve my unlock code, but another corporate shill states it will take a week to retrieve.

This is the community forum, not ATT we don’t get paid to get called names, cut it out.  

All the while AT&T will charge me another months fee while I am held hostage with this garbage carrier. 

If you think throttled 2G capped plans are acceptable than I guess you agree with Net Neutrality being repealed as well? Or how AT&T merging with TimeWarner does not violate antitrust laws? Keep shilling for the company though, not like doing a dis-service to your fellow countrymen will hurt this country and its economy.....oh wait never mind. 

Back to, “if you need more data, change your plan “.  Because at this point you’re just whining for the sake of being a grump.  

Ten years and not once has AT&T contacted me to provide a discount, upgrade my plan, or give me anything but mediocre service and canned responses. 

That is not going to happen.  You can call and ask to change plans, or you can change the plan online.  

Unless your reply contains my unlock code, I don't want to hear it.

WE DONT WORK FOR ATT.   You posted here on a public forum.  If you don’t want to hear from us, don’t post here.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.