Need help understanding your bill?
Cope85's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 5th, 2016 5:14 AM

Using Line app for International calls.

Been using Line to keep in contact with some friends still stationed in Japan. However, I've been using 3G/LTE to make the calls. Will I be hit with overages or anything with Unlimited Data?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

If it's a data/VOIP call then you're only going to be charged for data. If it actually initiated a call (your phone rang as it called you back or it dialed out) who knows how it made the call.

Login on-line and check your call history. See if you have any international calls on your bill.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Okay this is a complicated one. My bet is that you will be billed for international long distance. 

I know. It's ridiculous. I've butt heads a lot with people here and I haven't seen it happen with EVERY similar app, but I've talked to a lot of people who were using Google Vocie (Hangouts) and were charged. 

However you can add the World Connect feature for $4.99 and this reduces the rate as much as possible. If you are billed per minute you can call customer service and add the feature and they can re-rate your usage within policy and it will be much more reasonable. I'm not certain so it would probably be advantageous for you if you are able to confirm this elsewhere. And I know it's not fair. I don't make the rules - I just know them. Somewhat. 

I know you mentioned a different app but here is some info from Google on the policy. 

International Usage - Google Hangouts

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I guess my disconnect is why I would be charged for calling an international number when ( I guess? ) technically it's a 3rd party application doing the calling. With of course AT&T providing the Internet ( unlimited ). Thanks again.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.