Need help understanding your bill?
tgjoey's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 16th, 2019 6:55 AM

Upgrading Unlimited Plans

I have the Unlimited Plus Enhanced and was thinking of upgrading to Unlimited&MoreSM Premium. I'm wondering if I upgrade mid cycle if the bill would stay the same or the plan changes would start next cycle? Thanks, Joey

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Using the tip @sandblaster gave me about able to change plans online I was able to switch to &MoreSM Premium and could make it switch next bill cycle however the three options were to change mid bill cycle, next bill cycle, but I also saw the option @Sandralanders said about back dating the new plan to the previous bill cycle start i.e. it's 3/16/19 and make the new plan start 3/12/19 so I must thank @sandblaster and @Sandralanders for helping me! You two were great help. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You have two choices, have the change take effect immediately or next bill cycle. If you have the change take effect immediately, your next bill will have prorated charges for the current month since that was previously billed. You will have credit for unused days of the old plan and partial month charges for the new plan.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

From my experience yes it would be on that cycle but you would have prorated charges for your old plan unless you can get them to back date the new plan to your starting day of the bill cycle

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

unless you can get them to back date the new plan to your starting day of the bill cycle

That used to be an option, not anymore. I just upgraded from a shared data plan to Unlimited & More two months ago. As I posted above, I had two choices, make the change effectively immediately or next bill cycle.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Could I upgrade this online and make it start next cycle or would I have to call?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You can do it online, that’s how I did it. As I said, one of your options is to make the change effective next bill cycle.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

You would have to call to set that up. My understanding is if you switch on
line it starts that day. Sometimes when you call if there is a deal on that
plan you will get it a cheaper rate

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Sandralanders I guess you either didn’t read my reply or don’t believe me but I made the change online and I had the option of making the change effective next bill cycle. You do not have to call. And no, there are no cheaper rates for calling. The rates online are what everyone gets.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I didnt see your reply and yes if theres a promotion going on it doesnt
always show on line I've changed plans and online says one thing I call and
they have a promotion to where its cheaper

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@tgjoey Thanks for that update. I actually wanted to backdate the change, I wonder why I did not get that option? That is why I thought that option was gone, apparently it is not. Perhaps it depends on how far into the bill cycle you are.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.