Need help understanding your bill?
Ultrarunner's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, May 19th, 2017 7:16 PM

Upgrade, Promotion and Activation Fee

My problem is that I went into your store with a good working phone and left with a $891.50 bill.  I was told that I was entitled to an upgrade.  Without hesitation, I asked how much would it cost?  He stated about $150, without any further detail. 

Now, when I get my monthly billing it increase 38% plus I paid an addt'l $241.51 for accessories. 

No way, will I ever refer anyone to AT&T or except any upgrades. I will take my business elsewhere.  I'm an married senior citizen on social security and an disabled veteran, so I'm on a fixed income; hence for, I don't need the upgrades.

I'm completely unsatisfied that I received a promotional letter in my last billing for an offer to get a new tablet for $.99 and add it to my account when I was charge $99.99 for the new I-Pad.  Also, I was charged $45 activation for the new I-Pad, a charge that was not necessary explained as so the total upgrade. 

Sales representatives are good at their job, too good!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ultrarunner wrote:

PS:  I already had an activated I-Pad with you, the new one was replacing the one that was already in service! 

NOT with me!  We do NOT work for AT&T, this is the COMMUNITY FORUM.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

All your representative needed to do was to charge up the phone, LOL.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the advice, but that was not the best and convenient way!! If I would have known!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Then get off my case.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Ultrarunner 

1.  The activation charge is for adding a new line of service for the new iPad.  

2.  Only Apple can service an iPhone.   

3.   We are customers like you, not employees.

4.   You have only 14 days, including sale day to return anything.  I suggest you order case online and return what ever you spent $200+ buck on.  

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

😂 if the iPhone can only be service by Apple, why wasn't I told?
And when I took the phone back home, I fixed it myself by holding down the on switch and rebooted the system and charged the battery. 😂. It wasn't even broken.
Your return policy has costs attached to it, the customer has no choice. The 14 return policy is not sufficient for those customers that does not know actual costs because of the 30 day billing cycle.
Your charges and contract are shown on the receipt and but not on the signature pad, the employee did not cover all of the purchase. He stuff it in my bag and left. It's a shame that a customer comes in and the employee does not cover all initial costs when I didn't have any choice to get a new phone because of an inoperable phone that could have been service. I assume any phone that is locked up can be activated again by rebooting.
I will be looking for another provider. I would have been a satisfied customer if my phone was trouble shoot correctly and returned later for an upgrade but that did not happen.

Sent from my iPad

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ultrarunner wrote:
😂 if the iPhone can only be service by Apple, why wasn't I told?

Not sure why you wouldn't have taken the Apple phone to Apple in the first place. It's who made it.

But to answer the question, I'm not sure why you weren't told. Trying their best to help? Trying to make a new sale?

And when I took the phone back home, I fixed it myself by holding down the on switch and rebooted the system and charged the battery. 😂. It wasn't even broken.

Google is your friend. And so is Apple. You're actually paying Apple to help you and not using them.

Your return policy has costs attached to it, the customer has no choice. The 14 return policy is not sufficient for those customers that does not know actual costs because of the 30 day billing cycle.

We don't have a return policy, this is THE COMMUNITY FORUM.

Your charges and contract are shown on the receipt and but not on the signature pad, the employee did not cover all of the purchase. He stuff it in my bag and left. It's a shame that a customer comes in and the employee does not cover all initial costs when I didn't have any choice to get a new phone because of an inoperable phone that could have been service.

Still not my charges or contract.

What did the signature pad say you were signing? What does the receipt say? 

I assume any phone that is locked up can be activated again by rebooting.

And that's how you fixed it, right?

I will be looking for another provider. I would have been a satisfied customer if my phone was trouble shoot correctly and returned later for an upgrade but that did not happen.

Your future provider likely isn't going to fix your iPhone either. If they don't fix them, you can't assume they can troubleshoot them. I bet their return policy is pretty similar too.

Part of the premium cost of iPhones is great customer service, but you're choosing NOT to use it and to blame AT&T for not providing something they aren't supposed to be doing.

You don't actually need to buy your iPhones from AT&T, you can remove them from the equation by not purchasing hardware from them.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Besides, I received a free activation on the I-phone, why didn't I get the same for the tablet?

Sent from my iPad

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ultrarunner wrote:
Besides, I received a free activation on the I-phone, why didn't I get the same for the tablet?

Besides what?

When did you buy the EYE-phone I-phone iPhone? Was it a next upgrade?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

The activation is not for the device, it's for the additional line added to your account.  Check your bill. It will show a new line added for the new tablet.  You can cancel the old tablet line if it's still on the bill.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.