Need help understanding your bill?
Eastwestern23's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 5:20 PM

Closed

AT&T canceled my phone service, after unpaid bill

Ok so, I haven't gotten a chance to pay my AT&T phone bill for the past month & a half, due to me losing my job. And so from that I owe AT&T a hefty amount. My account and service was canceled. Since now of this month I got a job and am now able to pay how much I owe AT&T, will my service and account be back on so no more problems with payment?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Very true!!! I lost my job. I was on the phone with them repeatedly. Trying to keep them informed. Because I had a payment areamgement I couldn't keep (I called them and informed them before it was due) I was told there was nothing they could do by several rude customer service reps. I have even been a customer for 10 years!!! Loyalty, time with the company and communication don't mean squat!!! I'm so disappointed. I simply asked for two more weeks till I drew my first check. Everyone said no. And I even cancelled my service without anyone helping me. This company doesn't care if you fall on a hard time or if you cancel.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

on June 27th I called to have my service changed. I did not approve unlimited data with direct tv unless my bill didn't change. They lied and said it wouldnt. It did and I have tried to stop it for months finally I cancelled my phones and they still put the one on suspend, and said the others they took the data off and didn't. So they need to take the data off with a credit to my account since 06/27. Also when I call the iphone was stolen and I told them to cancell it  and they said they did and told me to check in a couple of weeks and it would show, it didnt. they did not cancel please correct this bill and remove the data charges for 06/27 thru now. call me a ***

very upset and disappointed that I had to cancel service to quit getting charged for stuff I cancelled. Now I am looking for a new phone company

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi,

I'm having a problem making payment arrangement to get my services restored, AT&T Customer Service Reps don't want to work with me, my wireless account was suspended 3 weeks ago and my uverse 1 week ago due to lack of funds, I took 2 pay cuts at work and couldn't make the payments, I tried making arrangements but they want the total amount that is past due and not a partial payment to restore my services, I really need my services turned back on for my wife and daughter. They are home without a ohone and unable to watch tv and in my daughter's case she can't do the school work she has to do without the internet service. I hope there is someone out there that sees this message and can head me in the right direction. Thanks!

POPS

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@POPSDULAC

thats correct.  You must pay the full amount due to get service back.

Partial payment arrangements must be made BEFOREHAND your due date and must be done online or on your My ATT app

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

No this reps statement is false. It's not 59days. If you are behind bc of whatever keeping in touch or paying the Arrangements gets you no where. If you pay portions at a time they still suspend you AND possibly cancel. 59days doesn't exist. As for Credit checks it is a hard one. Up to $300. They don't say PER LINE! So if you have 2 or more expect another hefty bill! Then if you can't pay the deposits PER line they suspend you again or cancel depending where you are in Payment. So by the time you go through losing a job, finding a new one, divorce whatever it's still costing you. I know bc it happened to me! My husband was out of work a few weeks. I called to put a hold on Account bc I couldn't pay the bill. They told me do a Payment Arrangement. Couldn't bc I didn't know if I could even make that. But I set it up anyway. Called prior to Arrangement date to say I needed more time, a few days. Was told too bad. Suspended me shortly after, 1 Day before I had the partial amount. Then told me I had 59days before cancellation for the rest. Went to pay my bill before the 59days was up and they cancelled me. I had 2 weeks left according to the 59 days they told me. Bc i get paid biweekly. I forked out $615 to get my phones on. I get my service back on and my new bill is huge bc of reactivation fees and deposits. They told me they forgot to charge deposits. So i ended up again in an issue as i started. $925 in total. They wanted $600 one week but suspended me and $325 the next week before cancellation was going to happen. Can't pay partial either, nope, gotta have it all! I switched carrier's. At&t is horrible and their reps suck. They do nothing but lie to their customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

ATT has the right to cancel service if they believe you will not have the ability to pay in the future.

You have 59 days from due date, not from wage you were already past due.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

According to the date I was given I still had 2weeks. I was told I had time. I was lied to. Not just a few times but multiple. This company doesn't know what honesty means. As for experienced, I don't feel Customer care is at all.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

who can I talk to about making payments on an account that is suspended, I have already switched phone carriers that gave me cheaper payments I can afford. But I would like to pay this bill so it won't go on my credit. Just can't pay the whole amount at one time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been with AT&T 15 years and use my phone for my business. I had a big job not pay me. $15,000 and it almost put me out for good. I have been struggling. Now I could not pay my $600 bill and I called to see if they could help me. They said there is nothing they could do. I pay around $600 a month. They don't give two craps about you or what's going on. Now my phone has been off for two weeks. I'm loosing so much work.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

So you tried to make a payment arrangement and was denied?

The only reason a payment arrangement gets denied is due to a previous promise to pay being broken and not paid. Otherwise an arrangement to pay should be available to you.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1025834

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.