For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Teffany1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 7:54 PM

Unlimited plus plan discounts

Can I still get my corporate office discount on the unlimited plus plan?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

No.  Not on service.  Only military and veterans discount on service.  Your FAN for fees and assesories may still be applied 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

OP, I called 611 from my phone (on two separate occasions) and asked the AT&T call center reps to confirm/clarify that if and before I decided to switch out of my grandfathered unlimited plan, that my 28% FAN discount would be carried over to the new Unlimited Plus plan. On both occasions, I was told emphatically "YES", and in fact, I held the phone for at least 15 minutes while the rep was performing her calculations to ensure me that my new monthly cost would actually be about $1 less. I was paying $83.xx/mth under my grandfathered plan as of March 22, 2017 (single line iPhone), after the 28% discount; therefore, I allowed the rep to process the plan switch, effective the following bill cycle. After my new plan went into effect on 3/23, I received my new bill showing $106.xx!!! Obviously, no FAN discount. I then went into myAT&T online and had an online chat with a representative about this. The rep apologized to me that the FAN discount had not yet been "approved" for the new data plans and "management" is currently reviewing the program, assuring me that the corporate FAN discounts should be applied "soon". As a courtesy, she quickly credited my account for $27.xx so that I will not pay more than what I was promised. She also assured me that she would personally follow-up with me "as soon as" the discounts are approved for the new UDPs, telling me "there's no need to call us back". As an AT&T subscriber for over 10 years, I have no reason to lie about that for those who may be tempted to believe so; the calls are recorded and the chats are archived.

Yes, prior to contacting 611, I also went online and ran the plan comparison tool to see what my new monthly cost would be, and admittedly did not see the discount show on the cost comparison screen. But, that certainly does not mean that the FAN discount wouldn't carry over on the final bill; fact of the matter is there's not a lot of clarity on the continuation of FAN discounts, which is ridiculous considering these discounts are quite steep for some of us. In any event, I chose to gain clarity and get the assurance of an AT&T rep by calling 611, and again, I told the rep that the only way that I would sign up for the new Unltd. Plus plan was if my 28% discount carried over; it's absolutely not my fault that in each point of contact I was promised that it would, but yet my bill says something differently. Until I hear differently from the online agent who promised to follow-up with me on this, I will expect to see the discount appear on my next bill or else I will be contacting them for monthly bill credits until this thing gets "approved" by AT&T management. It's 2017; there are other carriers out there offering competitive plans that I can take my business to if AT&T ultimately fails to deliver on its promises to me as a loyal customer for 11 years. I even signed up for the DirecTV Now service last week to take advantage of the subscriber bundle deal, but even that service does not appear to be worth it considering all of the technical glitches in the iOS apps, but that's a different topic. Get it together, AT&T. I refuse to be screwed over!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just did the same thing last month and was informed the same thing multiple times. Now they are telling me no discount. I will also continue to call every month to get my credits as that is what was quoted and agreed upon before making the switch.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jck4314  They will give it once or twice to keep you quiet and let 2 bill cycles pass, then there is nothing that can be done to get the old plan back.  If the price isn't worth the additional perks, go back now.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Just last month I decided to combine my Direct TV and ATT wireless accounts.  Through out the CHAT I was reaffirmed several times that the discounts I already had on my wireless would carry over when I combined bills and changed my plan to Unlimited Plus. (glad I always print out the chat conversations) Got my first bill yesterday and I am FUMING! Chatted this morning with someone who told me that I had been wrongly informed, and I "can change plans again". Right! let's just make the 15 yr LONG LOYAL customer change plans every month because ATT doesn't honor their word (or the word of their chat people) SO , now I am going to my corporate representative with this, in hopes that they can do something. THIS JUST IS NOT RIGHT!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@AggravatedNow wrote:

Just last month I decided to combine my Direct TV and ATT wireless accounts.  Through out the CHAT I was reaffirmed several times that the discounts I already had on my wireless would carry over when I combined bills and changed my plan to Unlimited Plus. (glad I always print out the chat conversations) Got my first bill yesterday and I am FUMING! Chatted this morning with someone who told me that I had been wrongly informed, and I "can change plans again". Right! let's just make the 15 yr LONG LOYAL customer change plans every month because ATT doesn't honor their word (or the word of their chat people) SO , now I am going to my corporate representative with this, in hopes that they can do something. THIS JUST IS NOT RIGHT!

It does not matter if you have what some chat rep said on a chat....  ATT only honors what is in writing on the website...  So with that said you dont get a corp discount on unlimited data now unless you are a military

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@AggravatedNow

AT&T's word, is printed for all to read on the website.  There may be some confusion as the FAN numbers are able to be applied on your account and will apply for discounts on assesories and waived fees, but will not discount your service.  

The $25 off TV service is to make up for the lack of discount on wireless.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Then the 25$ discount should start immediately, not in 2 or 3 billing cycles...AND STILL, why did the ATT chat Rep continue to tell me that my discounts would carry over? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I spoke to a representative on the phone the other day and they said they plan to apply employer discounts soon to the unlimited plans.. Any idea when? They said they would send a text or email when they start applying employer discounts 

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

Always read the fine print and don't trust the reps.  On the att website it states that the unlimited plans can't get employee discounts.  You can get a military discount if you have documentation of service.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.