For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Brynn17's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:07 PM

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

HELP! They merged a bunch of threads together and

I can't figure out if I look more schizophrenic or more OCD than usual?!?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

So, I feel like my unlimited data plan is again going up by $5. When was the last increase? I do not think it was that long ago! I know that AT&T hates us customers who still have the unlimited package. It is because of the unlimited data option I have stayed AT&T customer! Do you guys plan on raising it every year? Because if you do, I see you losing another customer soon!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kanaka44 wrote:
So, I feel like my unlimited data plan is again going up by $5. When was the last increase? I do not think it was that long ago! I know that AT&T hates us customers who still have the unlimited package. It is because of the unlimited data option I have stayed AT&T customer! Do you guys plan on raising it every year? Because if you do, I see you losing another customer soon!

Jan. or Feb. of 2016. Just more than a year previous to this hike.

Why do you think they hate you?

They've let you keep that plan for years, they could have just raised it form $30-$50 (like Verizon) if they wanted.

And IF they do hate you (not saying they do) they probably don't care if you leave, right? 

If you owed $200 on your contract phone, they'd let you walk with it, so I don't think they are too concerned.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'VE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN TO UNLIMITED DATA AS I'VE HAD THIS SERVICE OVER 14 YEARS .
YET AT&T CONTINUES TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT TO CHANGE THE CONTRACT TO SCREW US CUSTOMERS.

ONCE AGAIN THEY ARE RAISING MY DATA CHARGE ANOTHER $ 5.00 THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE FIRST TIME.
THERE ANSWERED TO RAISING MY DATA is a QUOTE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE " BECAUSE COMERCIAL BUSINESS AND REGULAR CUSTOMERS ARE USING MORE DATA !!
WHAT THE **** DOES GRANDFATHERED IN MEAN ? I WILL BE GOING TO ALL MEDIA ON INTERNET AND ON TV IN CHICAGO TO GET A PETITION GOING TO FIX THIS HORRIBLE HORRENDOUS COMPANY TO TAKE ACTION .
I WILL BE ON TWITTER AND MORE TO LET TRUMP KNOW WHAT AND ALL THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THE LAST 14 YEARS AND ASK FOR HELP .

PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS .
THANK YOU TO ALL CUSTOMERS!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Grandfathered means you can keep your plan, but it doesn't mean that AT&T can't raise pricing.

Since your plan was grandfathered, AT&T had increased speeds so that you can use even more data, even faster than before. Don't you think that those speeds are worth something? With the increase in speed, the increase in usage, comes an increase in costs and those costs are put on the consumer.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@myname69 wrote:
I'VE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN TO UNLIMITED DATA AS I'VE HAD THIS SERVICE OVER 14 YEARS .
YET AT&T CONTINUES TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT TO CHANGE THE CONTRACT TO SCREW US CUSTOMERS.

ONCE AGAIN THEY ARE RAISING MY DATA CHARGE ANOTHER $ 5.00

Prices go up, especially as data use goes up, what services do you have that don't go up in price?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:
YES, I understand these are over 14 months, but there has been no others over that time frame (maybe longer).
@ThatOneGuy2 wrote:
It's actually 11 months.

No.

Feb. of 2016 to Jan. 2017 is 12 months, plus Feb. 2017 and March 2017 makes 14 months.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

HELP! They merged a bunch of threads together and

I can't figure out if I look more schizophrenic or more OCD than usual?!?

Bwahahaha...  I know what you mean.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been an At&t customer for over 25 years. Due to the $5 rate increase I'm seriously considering switching to another wireless company. With the $5 increase customers should be able to have hot spot ability. Is there any way the hot spot ability could be accessible with the grandfathered in unlimited plans. All other plans have this ability and as a valued customer with out the feature is a reason to switch carriers along with the $5 increase. Customers with this unlimited data plan are being discriminated against and treated very unfairly.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I just finished my last contract with AT&T and upgraded to an iPhone 7, so I guess I'm stuck with them until the hardware contract expires. If I knew I was going to have the unlimited plan raised on me once again I would've just said screw it and switched to Verizon, a better network and company. If AT&T can just raise the rate at any time why don't they just do it every month? Because they "value" their customers so much? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.