Helpful Links

Unlimited data plan price hike again

Tutor

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

Message 1 of 228

Thanks ATT!

Thanks for continually trying to force your most loyal customers out of their legacy unlimited plans😡
Message 166 of 228
ACE - Expert

Re: Grandfathered unlimited data

@LegacyUnlimited wrote:
I'm tired of being bullied. I hope there is a lawsuit that pays us all back for the continued harassment of trying to get you out of your unlimited plan.

I've never heard of two price increases of $5 over 6 years being considered as "bullied" actually, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone referencing a cost increase of a "utility" as "bullied".

YES, I understand these are over 14 months, but there has been no others over that time frame (maybe longer).

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 167 of 228
    ACE - Expert

Re: Thanks ATT!

@LegacyUnlimited I don't understand, you want the plan so badly because you think it's such an AWE$OME deal, right?

Doesn't that imply you think AT&T is not making enough money on it? How can it be a deal for you and a money maker for them? 

They're raising the price to make more money. They're determining what the market will bear.

And the people who are using 200GB a month on that plan are going to hold out a LOT longer than you...

(Those are the people you should be upset with).

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 168 of 228
    ACE - Expert

Re: Unlimited Legacy Members

@LegacyUnlimited My electric company raised their rates and I pay more now. They're pretty much a monopoly and I still call it inflation.

They're not bullying or coercing me. It's prices being raised. It happens all the time. 

From one month to the next the produce at my grocery store fluctuates $10, I don't feel that they're trying to get me to give up fruits and vegetables...

Message 169 of 228
    Contributor

It's actually 11 months. And I think the point that Legacy is trying to make is that there is no reward for being loyal for so many years anymore. It seems like they rather lose long time customers rather than keep them. We can talk numbers and expenses all day, but in the end it's about us long timers not feeling appreciated or at least getting comparable options.
    Message 170 of 228
    ACE - Expert

@ThatOneGuy2 wrote:
    It's actually 11 months.

Really?

What month was last year's hike?  What month is this year's?

And I think the point that Legacy is trying to make is that there is no reward for being loyal for so many years anymore. It seems like they rather lose long time customers rather than keep them. We can talk numbers and expenses all day, but in the end it's about us long timers not feeling appreciated or at least getting comparable options.

Why does be able to keep a canceled plan for years with no price not count as loyalty but price increases mean they they are not being loyal? If they aren't making enough money, why can't they raise prices?

Are they supposed to lock you into the same price forever?  

You have your old plan that you really want and you've got newer plans that you can switch to, it's totally a choice on your end.

Phones consume more data than they did 6 years ago. Networks are faster, screens are bigger and there are more streaming services out there for video and audio that every before, maps and who knows what else. Look at all the posts where people upgrade their phones and say, "I didn't know this new phone would use more data!", they're using it the same way. It's just using more out the gate.

If the plans are consuming more, they're costing more. If they're costing more they're going to charge more. How could they not??? 

Anyone who says they don't use much data isn't getting their money's worth of these plans. 

I dumped my unlimited and I save money and I now use more data than before (because I can tether), I've got Canada and Mexico, I've got rollover (as limited as it might be) and I'm paying less. 

And the people who comment on the fact that fixed plans don't cost more, don't seem to be realizing those people still have the same amount of data: If they use more, they pay more.

Message 171 of 228
    ACE - Expert

HELP! They merged a bunch of threads together and

I can't figure out if I look more schizophrenic or more OCD than usual?!?

Message 172 of 228
    Contributor

Unlimited Data.. another rate increase?

So, I feel like my unlimited data plan is again going up by $5. When was the last increase? I do not think it was that long ago! I know that AT&T hates us customers who still have the unlimited package. It is because of the unlimited data option I have stayed AT&T customer! Do you guys plan on raising it every year? Because if you do, I see you losing another customer soon!
    Message 173 of 228
    ACE - Expert

Re: Unlimited Data.. another rate increase?

@kanaka44 wrote:
    So, I feel like my unlimited data plan is again going up by $5. When was the last increase? I do not think it was that long ago! I know that AT&T hates us customers who still have the unlimited package. It is because of the unlimited data option I have stayed AT&T customer! Do you guys plan on raising it every year? Because if you do, I see you losing another customer soon!

Jan. or Feb. of 2016. Just more than a year previous to this hike.

Why do you think they hate you?

They've let you keep that plan for years, they could have just raised it form $30-$50 (like Verizon) if they wanted.

And IF they do hate you (not saying they do) they probably don't care if you leave, right? 

If you owed $200 on your contract phone, they'd let you walk with it, so I don't think they are too concerned.

Message 174 of 228
    Visitor

GRANDFATHERED UNLIMITED DATA RIP OFF

I'VE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN TO UNLIMITED DATA AS I'VE HAD THIS SERVICE OVER 14 YEARS .
    YET AT&T CONTINUES TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT TO CHANGE THE CONTRACT TO SCREW US CUSTOMERS.

ONCE AGAIN THEY ARE RAISING MY DATA CHARGE ANOTHER $ 5.00 THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE FIRST TIME.<BR />THERE ANSWERED TO RAISING MY DATA is a QUOTE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE " BECAUSE COMERCIAL BUSINESS AND REGULAR CUSTOMERS ARE USING MORE DATA !!
    WHAT THE **** DOES GRANDFATHERED IN MEAN ? I WILL BE GOING TO ALL MEDIA ON INTERNET AND ON TV IN CHICAGO TO GET A PETITION GOING TO FIX THIS HORRIBLE HORRENDOUS COMPANY TO TAKE ACTION .
    I WILL BE ON TWITTER AND MORE TO LET TRUMP KNOW WHAT AND ALL THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THE LAST 14 YEARS AND ASK FOR HELP .<BR /><BR />PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS .<BR />THANK YOU TO ALL CUSTOMERS!
    Message 175 of 228
    ACE - Expert

Re: GRANDFATHERED UNLIMITED DATA RIP OFF

Grandfathered means you can keep your plan, but it doesn't mean that AT&T can't raise pricing.

Since your plan was grandfathered, AT&T had increased speeds so that you can use even more data, even faster than before. Don't you think that those speeds are worth something? With the increase in speed, the increase in usage, comes an increase in costs and those costs are put on the consumer.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 176 of 228
    ACE - Expert

Re: GRANDFATHERED UNLIMITED DATA RIP OFF

@myname69 wrote:
    I'VE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN TO UNLIMITED DATA AS I'VE HAD THIS SERVICE OVER 14 YEARS .
    YET AT&amp;T CONTINUES TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT TO CHANGE THE CONTRACT TO SCREW US CUSTOMERS.

ONCE AGAIN THEY ARE RAISING MY DATA CHARGE ANOTHER $ 5.00

Prices go up, especially as data use goes up, what services do you have that don't go up in price?

Message 177 of 228
    ACE - Expert

garylapointe wrote:
    YES, I understand these are over 14 months, but there has been no others over that time frame (maybe longer).
    @ThatOneGuy2 wrote:
    It's actually 11 months.

No.

Feb. of 2016 to Jan. 2017 is 12 months, plus Feb. 2017 and March 2017 makes 14 months.

Message 178 of 228
    Highlighted
    ACE - Expert

garylapointe wrote:

HELP! They merged a bunch of threads together and

I can't figure out if I look more schizophrenic or more OCD than usual?!?

Bwahahaha...  I know what you mean.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 179 of 228
    Contributor

Grandfathered unlimited data plan

I have been an At&t customer for over 25 years. Due to the $5 rate increase I'm seriously considering switching to another wireless company. With the $5 increase customers should be able to have hot spot ability. Is there any way the hot spot ability could be accessible with the grandfathered in unlimited plans. All other plans have this ability and as a valued customer with out the feature is a reason to switch carriers along with the $5 increase. Customers with this unlimited data plan are being discriminated against and treated very unfairly.
    Message 180 of 228
    Share this topic
    Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support