Need help understanding your bill?
Brynn17's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:07 PM

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@mllawson wrote:

Unlike the mobile share plans, the unlimited grandfathered plans charge for talk, text messaging and data separately which makes the total cost significantly higher than the mobile share plans. For example, I have an Ipad, and 4 iphones on a mobile share plan and the total cost is still $100 less than the total cost of two iphones on the grandfathered plan. 

MLL

@mllawson

That depends on the data plan you are using....  just figure your data at 40gb as unlimited gives you 44gb for 2 phones.  the 40gb of data is 180 bucks a month.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jstdisapointed wrote:
Hmm just how do they loose money with these plans ....a loyal customer that pays them every month....or a customer that is Un happy and switches ?????

If it's costing them ON AVERAGE $120 to supply the plan you have, and people are only paying $100, then they are losing money.

If you switch, they are now losing ZERO, so it's a net gain.

Plus some people could still owe $200 and they're letting them out of the contract, basically paying they to go to the competitor... 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I find it shameful that you try to bully your longest most loyal customers into dropping their unlimited data plans. Thanks for nothing ATT.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I'm tired of being bullied. I hope there is a lawsuit that pays us all back for the continued harassment of trying to get you out of your unlimited plan.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for continually trying to force your most loyal customers out of their legacy unlimited plans😡

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@LegacyUnlimited wrote:
I'm tired of being bullied. I hope there is a lawsuit that pays us all back for the continued harassment of trying to get you out of your unlimited plan.

I've never heard of two price increases of $5 over 6 years being considered as "bullied" actually, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone referencing a cost increase of a "utility" as "bullied".

YES, I understand these are over 14 months, but there has been no others over that time frame (maybe longer).

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@LegacyUnlimited I don't understand, you want the plan so badly because you think it's such an AWE$OME deal, right?

Doesn't that imply you think AT&T is not making enough money on it? How can it be a deal for you and a money maker for them? 

They're raising the price to make more money. They're determining what the market will bear.

And the people who are using 200GB a month on that plan are going to hold out a LOT longer than you...

(Those are the people you should be upset with).

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@LegacyUnlimited My electric company raised their rates and I pay more now. They're pretty much a monopoly and I still call it inflation.

They're not bullying or coercing me. It's prices being raised. It happens all the time. 

From one month to the next the produce at my grocery store fluctuates $10, I don't feel that they're trying to get me to give up fruits and vegetables...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

It's actually 11 months. And I think the point that Legacy is trying to make is that there is no reward for being loyal for so many years anymore. It seems like they rather lose long time customers rather than keep them. We can talk numbers and expenses all day, but in the end it's about us long timers not feeling appreciated or at least getting comparable options.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ThatOneGuy2 wrote:
It's actually 11 months.

Really?

What month was last year's hike?  What month is this year's?

And I think the point that Legacy is trying to make is that there is no reward for being loyal for so many years anymore. It seems like they rather lose long time customers rather than keep them. We can talk numbers and expenses all day, but in the end it's about us long timers not feeling appreciated or at least getting comparable options.

Why does be able to keep a canceled plan for years with no price not count as loyalty but price increases mean they they are not being loyal? If they aren't making enough money, why can't they raise prices?

Are they supposed to lock you into the same price forever?  

You have your old plan that you really want and you've got newer plans that you can switch to, it's totally a choice on your end.

Phones consume more data than they did 6 years ago. Networks are faster, screens are bigger and there are more streaming services out there for video and audio that every before, maps and who knows what else. Look at all the posts where people upgrade their phones and say, "I didn't know this new phone would use more data!", they're using it the same way. It's just using more out the gate.

If the plans are consuming more, they're costing more. If they're costing more they're going to charge more. How could they not??? 

Anyone who says they don't use much data isn't getting their money's worth of these plans. 

I dumped my unlimited and I save money and I now use more data than before (because I can tether), I've got Canada and Mexico, I've got rollover (as limited as it might be) and I'm paying less. 

And the people who comment on the fact that fixed plans don't cost more, don't seem to be realizing those people still have the same amount of data: If they use more, they pay more.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.