For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Brynn17's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:07 PM

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Never been a customer for any company other than AT&T even my beeper service was AT&T. i think i am in a better position to inform anyone of the services i have had than you are. since these have been business expenses and i have all my records in boxes from many years of taxes.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I will gladly provide you a letter that i still have from AT&T stating that it is grandfathered. Just so you are clear you have a contract for service for a period of time. After that time has expired, your service are considered month to month. This services are still governed by the original agreements. Federal Law and FCC regulations make it illegal for a provider of a paid service to make any unauthorized charges to your services. This is why they cannot refuse to upgrade your equipment if you don’t change your plan. This is because your plan is a service while the device is a point of sale purchase and becomes property that you own. here is a definition just so your not misinformed.

A grandfather clause (or grandfather policy) is a provision in which an old rule continues to apply while a new rule may apply to future cases. Those exempt from the new rule are said to have grandfather rights or acquired rights.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry unathorized changes is what was intended 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

according to usage reports provided to the FCC, most unlimited data users use below 22gb’s a month only the extreme users have usage above that.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Chaz67 wrote:
I will gladly provide you a letter that i still have from AT&T stating that it is grandfathered. Just so you are clear you have a contract for service for a period of time. After that time has expired, your service are considered month to month. This services are still governed by the original agreements. Federal Law and FCC regulations make it illegal for a provider of a paid service to make any unauthorized charges to your services. This is why they cannot refuse to upgrade your equipment if you don’t change your plan. This is because your plan is a service while the device is a point of sale purchase and becomes property that you own. here is a definition just so your not misinformed.

A grandfather clause (or grandfather policy) is a provision in which an old rule continues to apply while a new rule may apply to future cases. Those exempt from the new rule are said to have grandfather rights or acquired rights.

@Chaz67

There is no federal law that states a company CAN'T raise rates.....  Look at the cable industry they raise rates 3% or more per year.  For those under a contract ATT did let them off scott free with no contract ETF.  If your going to spout laws by all means post a link that says a company cant raise there prices.

Remember Verizon was nice enough to raise rates 20 bucks in one pop.  Then they started booting heavy users off there unlimited data plans.  so yeah not against the law.

I suggest you read the top paragraph on this page.

https://www.att.com/equipment/legal/service-agreement.jsp?q_termsKey=postpaidServiceAgreement&q_termsName=Service+Agreement

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Chaz67

@sandblaster

Did a search and found this old post.  As @sandblaster remembered correctly, the original iPhone was a 2G device and had a $20 data plan.   

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-2013-Archive/Upgrading-from-original-iphone-with-20-unlimited-data-plan-to-4S/td-p/2898203

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

This is a business, not a charity. The expectation that costs should remain the same as they were in 2007 is absurd.

Name me one utility or monthly service that continues to charge the same as they did in 2007. Netflix has gone up. Cable, satellite and wireline internet. All increased in price. Tenure is not the only metric that measures a customer's worth to a company. Many other factors come into play. The expectation that a company should take a loss or negatively impact their revenue to retain a segment of customers who are paying less than everyone else is far fetched.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Chaz67 wrote:

1. Unlimited data is not in the terms of service. 

2. The key is "unauthorized changes". AT&T has the right to discontinue a plan and give you the option of "authorizing" the new one or allowing you to leave. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Chaz67 wrote:
Never been a customer for any company other than AT&T even my beeper service was AT&T. i think i am in a better position to inform anyone of the services i have had than you are. since these have been business expenses and i have all my records in boxes from many years of taxes.

@Chaz67 I'm not questioning what you paid in the past. All I'm saying is the grandfathered plan you are on now is not the same plan you paid $20 or $25 for. The plan you have now was never less than $30. Somewhere along the way your unlimited plan got changed to the one you are on now. I'm just providing historical perspective, whether you chose to believe me or not is up to you.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

The wording of the user agreement has been the same for a very long time. Within 30 days of notice, and the option to cancel (traditional contracts, Next is phone financing) the carrier may implement a price increase. This is the user agreement everyone agreed to upon the origination of their service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.