For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Brynn17's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:07 PM

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@A.holt wrote:
They shouldn't have offered the plan to begin with if they were worried about profits

The phone cellular internet was quite a bit slower back then.

It was limited to how much you could really download. It's significantly faster now, so it's more data which is more money.

It's likely why they discontinued the plan 6 or 7 years ago. And the internet just keeps getting faster, now phones are HD which means even more data for higer resolution video. Streaming audio services, video services, etc.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Since ATT is the only carrier with nationwide coverage and an unlimited data plan, those who make use of it will keep it.  Just as those with grandfathered Verizon unlimited plans are willing to pay $50 for their plan.  

Those who are not using enough data should have changed years ago.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Didn't you just go up on your unlimited data plan last year? Are you trying to just price your customers out of the plan? Pretty tacky if you ask me. I use wifi as much as possible. My use has not gone up but down. What your doing is taking away the unlimited by charging more than if you were just charging for overages. This company is getting worse and worse.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@dbsharp You don't have to keep that plan. Get a cheaper one!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@dbsharp Tell us how much data you need and we'll help you pick!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

And t mobile will start getting alot more customers as at&t starts losing them .lol I also have two tmobile phones, portable modem, and an ipad which I use when im abroad. It was great having unlimited phone service, calls, text, data service without any extra charges! I was in cambodia, chengdu china, kuala lumpur, bali indonesia, and guam. First time I used my t mobile phone and ipad overseas for phone calls, texts and internert service and it was awesome not having to worry about paying extra as AT&T charges extra fees for international usage.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Unless I'm misunderstanding the notice, the $5 rate increase won't just occur every year; it will occur each month! So if that's correct, it means if I stay with my current plan and pay $100 right now, I'll be paying $160 a year from now, $220 two years from now, $280 three years from now and so on.

I don't really mind my rate going up $5 per year, but $5 per month with no end in sight seems a bit excessive. I hope I'm just misunderstanding the notice, though.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

You are misunderstanding the notice. It's $5. Not per month. $5

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ahhhh. So the "per month" text means my monthly rate rises one time by $5 and stays there until further notice, not that the rate continually rises by $5 per month?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Yet another data rate hike! Never mind the loyal customers who have stuck with ATT for years and already pay way too much for service use. I guess they are just going to keep penalizing us for being grandfathered into a program! Never mind that instead they are penalizing long term loyal customers & trying to force over to other plans that aren't as user friendly and will ultimately cost just as much in the long run. Shame on you ATT for your very poor customer service and treatment of longtime & loyal customers. Disappointed in a big corporation yet again.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.