Need help understanding your bill?
Napereza's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 4th, 2019 4:56 AM

Unlimited and more plan Group charge

I talked to the representative about the Unlimited and More (not Premium) on the PHONE regarding how much the charges would be for 2 people on the plan.  I was told 3x by different reps $108 including tax before switching to a different plan to make sure I am understanding them correctly.    Statement came and there was a $75 addl group charge that I was not told about, so my bill would be $145 + tax monthly ($170 +/- total). That is a huge difference.  Accdg to them ... it is the base charge aside from the $35 iPhone access for each line ( and other charges).  One thing I hate, there’s always hidden fees you will never be told about.  I call it cheating your customers.  

‘I went to ATT location, they told me they are not aware of any group charge. They find it weird when what shows on their paperwork is $93 + tax which will come up to $108 for 2 people.  Att had me on auto pay now and they advised me to cancel the auto pay to play safe bec I will pay that amount automatically regardless. 

I have been with ATT for so many years.  There used to be 5 of us here.  My 3 kids left because it’s becoming too expensive leaving just me and my husband.

Can an somebody explain this? It seems like I am leaning towards switching to a different carrier.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Not sure where or how you got that $108 number. ATT’s pricing is online and 2 lines on Unlimited & More is $125/month plus taxes and fees after the autopay discount is applied. If you made the plan change in the middle of a billing month, the prorated charges from the previous month probably accounts for the higher bill.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

You can see plans and price here:   https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

There are no hidden fees on the plan price.  Your bill will show the $125 price after auto pay discount as 3 separate amounts.

1.  Plan charge.  $75, less auto pay and paperless discount -$20

2.   Line charge for line 1.   $35

3.   Line charge for line 2.   $35

Total $125

tax and fees are added and will be higher than your previous plan.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I was told changing my plan fr grandfather to unlimited and more will be cheaper. They tried to convince me several times about this stating you were trying to help loyal customers to lower their bills. I was in Doubt to switch bec I knew there was a catch. The $75 was NEVER mentioned by any of your reps.

• 

1 Message

@Napereza same thing happened to me when I switched. I’ve had chat transcripts where ATT agreed that I was being charged wrong and promised to correct it but this never happened.

Basically what happened was the access charge went from $20 per line to $35 per line. Very upset as well about this...

Did you ever get it fixed?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

@Dutch2020 There was nothing wrong with his bill, he just didnt understand AT&T math. The prices quoted and online give you the per line cost WITH auto pay and paperless discount. That is exactly what your bill is, it is just priced ala carte. The totals are still correct.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

@Dutch2020

Here is the full details (math) on the plan:

AT&T UNLIMITED EXTRASM PLAN:  Avail. to consumers only. Monthly plan charge ($80) & monthly per-device access charges ($45 phone; $20 tablet, camera or Connected Car; $25 for Harman Spark; and $10 wearable) apply. AUTOPAY & PAPERLESS BILL DISCOUNT: Monthly discount off plan charge ($10 per phone line) when active & enrolled in both. Discount starts w/in 2 bill cycles. Pay full plan cost (up to $80/mo.) plus per device access charges until discount starts. PHONE LINE DISCOUNT: Monthly discount of $40 (1 phone line), $20 (2 phone lines), $35 (3 phone lines), $60 (4 phone lines), and $80 (5 or more phone lines) applied to your plan charge

1 line, 80+45-10-40 = $75

2 lines, 80+45+45-10-10-20 = $130

3 lines, 80+45+45+45-10-10-10-35 = $150

4 lines, 80+45+45+45+45-10-10-10-10-60 = $160

5 lines, 80+45+45+45+45+45 - 10-10-10-10-10-80 = $175.

Additional lines add $45-10 (auto pay)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

We are other customers, not ATT, not our reps. Once again, the plan pricing is online and two lines is $125 with autopay. There is no catch. Since we have no idea what your old plan was, don’t know if the new plan should be cheaper or not.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

$93 before taxes and fees sounds like someone included a 25% discount. The unlimited plans offered in the past few years are not eligible for discounts other than those for military/first responders. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Napereza wrote:
I was told changing my plan fr grandfather to unlimited and more will be cheaper. They tried to convince me several times about this stating you were trying to help loyal customers to lower their bills. I was in Doubt to switch bec I knew there was a catch. The $75 was NEVER mentioned by any of your reps.

AT&T and Verizon started copying t-mobile ad pricing.  You can see the price breakdown for the plan listed in the fine print. 

AT&T UNLIMITED &MORE℠ PLAN: Monthly plan charge for unlimited talk, text and data ($45 for single line; $75 multi-line) & monthly per-device access charges for access to such services apply. Data Restrictions: For all data usage, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds during times of network congestion. Plan is not eligible for Stream Saver. For content we can identify as video, wireless streaming speed will be slowed to a max of 1.5Mbps, Standard Definition quality (about 480p). Video speed is capped at this amount, regardless of network device is on (for example 4G LTE). Ability to stream, video resolution, and other data usage (including speed) are not guaranteed, may vary, and be affected by a variety of other factors. Other restrictions apply. Tethering/mobile hotspot use prohibited (except Connected Cars).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

$108 is with auto pay and military discount. It should come up to that. We’ll see when the next bill comes and when everything has been fully adjusted. Auto pay entitles you to $20 disct monthly. Thank you. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Napereza well you left out military discount didn’t you.  Military, first responders and veterans get 25% off the plan cost on the unlimited and more plan.  That’s bothering the $75 plan and $35 line access charges.    It can take a couple Bill cycles to apply.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Napereza wrote:

$108 is with auto pay and military discount. It should come up to that. We’ll see when the next bill comes and when everything has been fully adjusted. Auto pay entitles you to $20 disct monthly. Thank you. 

Yes, $93 plus taxes is correct assuming the autopay and military discount. Have you applied the military discount? You mentioned in the original post that you removed autopay; did you reactivate it?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.