Need help understanding your bill?
Cwm2016mba's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 6th, 2017 11:51 PM

Unlimited Plan and Corporate Discount

If I switch my current data plan to one of the new unlimited plans, will I still get my corporate discount through my company?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Cwm2016mba wrote:

If I switch my current data plan to one of the new unlimited plans, will I still get my corporate discount through my company?

No. Military / Veteran discounts only.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

You will, however continue to receive any other benefits from your FAN. Examples include discounted accessories, waived activation/upgrade feets, etc. In my case, I get waived activation/upgrade fees, but pay full price for the plan.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

The new Unlimited Data Plans from AT&T are a joke.

1) You loose corporate discount (22 percent in my case)

2) All phones cost $5 more

3) Vehiciles like my Equiniox to have wifie doubles from $10 to $20

This (Edited per community guidelines)!   You advertise that you have no gimicks.  Your commercials are al lie!
I end up paying about $30 more per month to go unlimited!

Not giving corporate discounts makes these plans useless!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@hectorma1 wrote:

The new Unlimited Data Plans from AT&T are a joke.

2) All phones cost $5 more

3) Vehiciles like my Equiniox to have wifie doubles from $10 to $20

Actually, unlimited was $40 a line on the recent active plans. So it dropped $20 a line. 

But even if you want to look at it your way, you went to UNLIMITED for $5 more a line.

Your vehicle now has UNLIMITED data instead of a portion of whatever it had on the old plan. 

I end up paying about $30 more per month to go unlimited!

To get UNLIMITED you have to pay more for the data that was limited?!?  Seriously?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

The new unlimited plan also allows for mobile hotspots.  So people can add a mifi to a plan for $20 a month.  

Unlimited data.   That's the benefit.   

Anyone with 4 lines:

.....paying for 25 gigs of data or more On the Mobile Share Advantage plan would be getting off cheaper with unlimited.  ($5)

.....or on the Mobile Share Value plan with 30 gigs or more would get off cheaper. 

If you dont like it, don't have you plan.  But it provides a great deal for those who really need unlimited because they have many lines and use 100 gigs or more.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Now I'm feeling screwed as well and wish I had read this first. Yesterday I switched from my grandfathered unlimited plan to Unlimited Plus, and took the time to read the fine print and links, yet saw nothing to indicate the corpo discount would be lost.  My first surprise relates to device charges and whether the $20 charge is permanent or only lasts until I've fulfilled my contact obligation.  The website led me to believe the latter but now I'm believe that isn't correct.  Yes, I got tethering but the reality is there are no savings compared to my old grandfathered plan, so why did the webpage me to believe otherwise and urge the change?

What happens with equipment under this new plan...do we have to buy our phones at retail prices?  My old plan gave a minor discount for iPhone ($200-300) and required a contract, but negating this will eat any residual savings.  

What a disappointment.  At this point I need to decide immediately whether to call and revert the changes back to my old plan or whether to just deal with this for a few months and until my contract is up and do something else entirely.    

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lax20531 wrote:

What happens with equipment under this new plan...do we have to buy our phones at retail prices?  My old plan gave a minor discount for iPhone ($200-300) and required a contract, but negating this will eat any residual savings.  

Your old plan doesn't include subsidized phones any more either. They stopped doing that a little over a year ago.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@lax20531 wrote:

Now I'm feeling screwed as well and wish I had read this first. Yesterday I switched from my grandfathered unlimited plan to Unlimited Plus, and took the time to read the fine print and links, yet saw nothing to indicate the corpo discount would be lost.   It says in bold print military and veterans only.   My first surprise relates to device charges and whether the $20 charge is permanent or only lasts until I've fulfilled my contact obligation.  $20 line fees are permanent.  You had line fees on your old account too.  $40 each as of this month.  How is $20 each more?  The website led me to believe the latter but now I'm believe that isn't correct.  Yes, I got tethering but the reality is there are no savings compared to my old grandfathered plan, so why did the webpage me to believe otherwise and urge the change?  The prices were published, why didn't you do the math?

What happens with equipment under this new plan...do we have to buy our phones at retail prices?  My old plan gave a minor discount for iPhone ($200-300) and required a contract, but negating this will eat any residual savings.    No contracts for anyone, on any account.  That option ended over a year ago.  

What a disappointment.  At this point I need to decide immediately whether to call and revert the changes back to my old plan or whether to just deal with this for a few months and until my contract is up and do something else entirely.    If your line fees are $20 on the new plan, you have no contract for wireless.  Lines in contract would be $40 until the contract ends. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

"It says in bold print military and veterans only."

I'm curious where it says this when you're existing customer switching plans in the MyATT portal.  I was similarly surprised when I received my bill after switching from a grandfathered unlimited plan to one of the new unlimited plans and no longer had the FAN discount applied.  I'm fairly certain that there was no disclaimer or acknowledgment required, and the bill estimator speaks in terms of gross costs (cost before discount) vs. net (cost after discount) when comparing old vs. new plans, so it's not an apples to apples comparison that's evident to the customer.

I was initially suspicious of these new plans, and even after close scrutiny AT&T has once again proven that they can shaft their customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Jasonw3

click on your fan discount on myatt and its there plain as day...

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.