Need help understanding your bill?
Rolferic's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 8:34 PM

Unauthorized charges

I don't know how a world class company like AT&T stays in business. I purchased (2) Nokia Lumia 520 Go-Phones and gave one to a relative for his birthday. The activation and charges were accepted, then suspended all within the same hour. When I called AT&T, they said the phone has not been "sold", and I had to take the receipt to a local AT&T outlet to have the service re-activated. No surprise, this happened with the 2nd phone as well, where the amount was billed, then suspended, which resulted in double-billing. There was also a 3rd unauthorized charge for a phone # I do not even recognize. Now that I have reported the incident to Vesta, a company they probably use to shield AT&T from liability, I have now been made aware my debit card cannot be used for future transactions. This causes me much inconvenience for a problem that originated with AT&T (or their employees). If anyone else has experienced similar issues, please reply.

[Post edited - Per Community Guidelines, Forums are not a venue for discussion of legal matters]

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Rolferic Thank you for posting!

I'm sorry you're having some billing issues. Our team will be happy to look into that and help with anything we can. Did you buy your phones from AT&T? Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've never dealt with at&t but charges appeared on my credit card. I have no ideal how this happened. Can anyone shed some light on this please

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Please contact ATT right away and run your credit report.

Also dispute the charges on your account.

these days one of the common identity theft practices includes opening a wireless account.

Call  800.331.0500 and ask for fraud department.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.