UNFAIR BILLING POLICIES

Contributor

UNFAIR BILLING POLICIES

I HAVE BEEN AN AT&T CUSTOMER FOR OVER 6 YEARS BUT I DECIDED TO CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT CARRIER BECAUSE I NEED TO SAVE MONEY. I PORT MY NUMBERS ON APRIL 6TH W/ MY NEW CARRIER. MY BILL W/ ATT&T RUNS FROM 03/25/14 TO 04/22/14 BUT I ONLY USE 13 DAYS OF SERVICES. NOW I AM GETTING CHARGE FOR THE FULL MONTH WHICH I PAID. AT&T DOES NOT WANT TO PRO-RATE MY USAGE AND IS NOT WILLING TO RETURN THE EXTRA MONEY I PAID. I ALREADY PLACE A COMPLAINT WITH BBB BECAUSE I THINK THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAD. IT IS CRAZY TO PAY A FULL AMOUNT FOR ONLY 13 DAYS OF USE. I TRIED TO CONTACT CORPORATE OFFICE BECAUSE NONE OF YOUR MANAGERS ARE ABLE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. THEY ALL AGREE THAT IS NOT FAIR BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER!!!

I HOPE SOMEBODY FROM AT&T HAVE THE BALLS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!

Message 1 of 3 (412 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: UNFAIR BILLING POLICIES

Regretfully, prorating your final month's service is something that AT&T does not do.  It is even stated in their policy that they will not prorate your final month's service.  I do not believe that you will find any managers in AT&T that will be able to do what you want since it is a corporate policy that they would be violating.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (396 Views)
Scholar

Re: UNFAIR BILLING POLICIES

If you order a sandwich at a restaurant, eat only half of it then decide to leave the rest there, you have to pay for the full sandwich, not just the half you ate. This would not be considered unfair billing. The restaurant sells only whole sandwiches; they do not offer halves of sandwiches.

And AT&T does not sell partial months of service. Your new carrier probably does not either. You might want to check with them.

Message 3 of 3 (338 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.