Need help understanding your bill?
rapatel's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 26th, 2012 7:22 PM

Transfer billing responsibility question?

Hello there,

I have only one question reagarding my transfer line. I am in California and my fiancee in NJ, I have california number and I would like to transfer my line to my fiance account(billing is based on NJ). So my question is If I transfer my line Can I able to keep my current number? I asked few friends they said Yes and some said no. I want to confirm with ATT. I really want to keep my current number beacuse of my contacts. I dont want to change it. If you could help me on this. I really appreciate yout time and help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

The account can be put in to her name but the account will be based out of California still, if you want both numbers on the same account then they both have to have the same area code.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@rapatel wrote:

Hello there,

I have only one question reagarding my transfer line. I am in California and my fiancee in NJ, I have california number and I would like to transfer my line to my fiance account(billing is based on NJ). So my question is If I transfer my line Can I able to keep my current number? I asked few friends they said Yes and some said no. I want to confirm with ATT. I really want to keep my current number beacuse of my contacts. I dont want to change it. If you could help me on this. I really appreciate yout time and help.

no, you cannot transfer do it, the numbers have to be from the same area of operation

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have talked with ATT store agent and also I have chatted with ATT customer care online. And they said you can keep it the current number. In case I have saved on my desk the two different conversation with different agent. So why they are saying that then? ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.