Transfer billing responsibility question?

Highlighted
Contributor

Transfer billing responsibility question?

Hello there,

I have only one question reagarding my transfer line. I am in California and my fiancee in NJ, I have california number and I would like to transfer my line to my fiance account(billing is based on NJ). So my question is If I transfer my line Can I able to keep my current number? I asked few friends they said Yes and some said no. I want to confirm with ATT. I really want to keep my current number beacuse of my contacts. I dont want to change it. If you could help me on this. I really appreciate yout time and help.

Message 1 of 4 (4,830 Views)
Expert

Re: Transfer billing responsibility question?

rapatel wrote:

Hello there,

I have only one question reagarding my transfer line. I am in California and my fiancee in NJ, I have california number and I would like to transfer my line to my fiance account(billing is based on NJ). So my question is If I transfer my line Can I able to keep my current number? I asked few friends they said Yes and some said no. I want to confirm with ATT. I really want to keep my current number beacuse of my contacts. I dont want to change it. If you could help me on this. I really appreciate yout time and help.

no, you cannot transfer do it, the numbers have to be from the same area of operation

Message 2 of 4 (4,785 Views)
Contributor

I have talked with ATT store agent and also I have chatted with ATT customer care online. And they said you can keep it the current number. In case I have saved on my desk the two different conversation with different agent. So why they are saying that then? ?

Message 3 of 4 (4,766 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDelia (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

The account can be put in to her name but the account will be based out of California still, if you want both numbers on the same account then they both have to have the same area code.
Message 4 of 4 (4,745 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.