For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
KobyMcDuffie561's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 12:43 PM

If phone is lost or broken during Next, am I still responsible for payments?

So, With the Installment Plan when you Pay 75.00 a month for 30 months ..If You Lose Or Break the phone can You Cancel the Payments and send them the phone back if it Gets broken badly? ..And If You can't make a Payment In time what happens?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @KobyMcDuffie561

I’d be happy to help with your AT&T Next concerns! It is recommended that Mobile Insurance/Protection Pack is purchased alongside a new device on AT&T Next incase any damage occurs or the device is lost or stolen. If anything happens to the device, you would remain responsible for the installments. Installments are linked to your AT&T bill. A missed payment can result in service suspension (plus associated fees) and/or account cancellation.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

If you buy a new car and have an accident, do you still have to make the care payments on that car? Buying a ell phone on time is no different. You agreed to pay the seller a set price for the object and they agreed to let you make monthly payments. Just because your item is no longer worth what you still owe for it does not mean that you don't have to finish making your payments (or face the severe credit consequences of not making your payments).

Also like having a car that you crash (break badly), if you have insurance it will pay for much of the cost to repair your crashed car. Similarly, if you have insurance on your cell phone, it would cover much of the cost to repair/replace your broken phone.

The NEXT terms for sending your phone back for a trade-in state that your phone must be in "good working order" and the screen must be free of cracks & chips. From the sounds of it, your phone probably doesn't meet those terms, so your phone as it stands would not qualify for trading in under NEXT.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.