Need help understanding your bill?
Jeff3425's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011 12:01 PM

Text Message Feature Plan Change Bill Question

Last month, I changed my text messaging plan from Messaging 1000 to Unlimited 17 days into the billing cycle.  I was at 900+ messages at the time.  Upon receiving my bill, I noticed that I was charged for 360 of those 900 Messages. After talking with one AT&T rep, they informed me that I was charged the following way.  Could anyone confirm if this is true?  Also, does AT&T back track the date of the Unlimited plan after the bill has been set?

Prorated: 1000 Messages / 30 days = 33.33 messages per day. Based  on this: 33.33 msg * 17 days of feature = 567 Messages allowed.  900 msg used - 567 allowed = 333 msgs billed. 

I was under the assumption that it just prorated the dates and fees, but not the actual minutes per day - I guess I was wrong.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

13 years ago

That is the way things are prorated. What you should have done was ask to have it predated to the beginning of your cycle instead of prorated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you.  Yes, followed up with them to confirm the prorated process they use for any plan changes, including minutes, Data, and texts.  For anyone else, if you are unsure of the prorated calculations or just don't want to chance it, back-date to start of billing cycle.

I do want to thank AT&T for working with me to resolve and explain the issue for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.