Need help understanding your bill?
gdefrehn229's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 5:41 AM

Terminating Service before contract date expires

Does anyone know what the financial hit is when terminating contract before it expires.  Mine expires in Sept of 2012.  If I terminate now, what is cost per month not used.  Example, $20 per month, thus I would owe $100 for the five months remaining??  Appreciate an answer if anyone has this.  Thanks a bunch.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you want to cancel your service. 😞

The Early Termination fee if you have a smartphone is $325 minus $10 for each month completed. So for instance, you wish to cancel service today, $325-$190 (19 months completed) = $135 ETF.

Your final bill will not be prorated, so it would be; Plan cost+ ETF + taxes = final bill.

Hope that helps. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am in my trial period days I think its like 18 days once I recieve the phone in the mail. Well I recieved it but only opened the box to take out the return lable. I sent it right back but now I am having so much trouble getting the customer service representatives when I call to terminate/cancel the service. I know the phone has been recieved at Att but yet no one wants to help me. Is the company trying to make me pass the trial period date so I have to pay money for a phone and contract I already told ATT I did not want and was returning. Can someone form ATT who is helpful help me terminate my contract that I am not obligated to stay in since I just got the contract? I have called over and over again but the service representatives leave me on hold for 30 minutes to an hour all the time and say I will be right back but never come back to help me further after the 1 hour mark.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

@online44 

You have only 14 days to cancel a contract and return a phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have to cancel my service due to personal reasons .My  start date was 05/19/2016 and I used

my own phone. Phone number is 208-614-8858. It is 14 days as of today.

Irving Egnal

Account #11100028009. 

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Nampal81

This is a user helping user forum and your post here will not get any results. This is a public forum. Posting of personal information will be deleted by a forum moderator.

To cancel your service, you need to call AT&T - 611 from your phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.